Closeted (gay) actors formerly on the soaps

• Members
Posted (edited)

He officially came out to the public in 2012 and his marriage was announced in 2014 (during the show's final season I believe), although they'd gotten married a few years earlier. So he was out to the industry when he got White Collar, but if he had been out to the public, I'm not as sure whether he would have gotten that show. I'd like to think he would have.

I don't really follow who is out in daytime now and that wasn't part of the original post I was replying to but I'm certainly happy for any soap actors who are out and get work.

Edited by DRW50

• Replies 477
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

She came out as bi on an instagram post.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CQpZCZxHfrj/

Source out.com

"The soap opera actress and Days of Our Lives star shared that she is proud to be bisexual in a short and sweet Instagram post.

"LGBTQ Proud," she wrote, hashtagging #BiPride.

"In fairness I've been saying I'm somewhere over the rainbow for years," she later tweeted about her coming out. "No one has ever picked up on it haha! So I decided to be more direct haha!""

• Members
Posted (edited)

Which is why it never makes sense to me when people criticize DAYS because they feel that the gay writer is featuring the gay actor too much.  The truth feels more nuanced (as it usually does).

Also, Lachlan was on this season of Station 19 (a show that I've never seen, but know it is popular), and Mike Manning has a popular podcast and was just cast in a film.

Edited by j swift

• Members

I was watching Station 19 when Lachlan was abruptly fired. I didn't know that he had returned.

Thanks!

I haven't!

Although I've seen him in his birthday suit before.

• Members

Yes I most certainly do. And as I have told you before, you do NOT deserve to see the treasures in my possession so you will not see them. The Susan Flannery fan club back in the day. They literally glued polaroids into their newsletter and mailed them out. No photocopy pictures. 

• Members

Loving all this banter!  I remember in the late 1970's and early 80's  I would try to figure out who was gay, by the interviews they gave in magazines.  In hindsight I was about 80% right.

• Members
Posted (edited)

Yes, magazine photos of actresses playing instruments in their West Village apartments, and men who were too busy to date were common signs.  But, what interests me now that the soap press is essentially gone, and actors have direct access to their fans through social media, is what are the forces that still keep them in the closet?  This is obviously rhetorical, and thus we can only speculate.  But, I cannot find empathy with a soap actor whose misperceptions about opportunities, trumps their willingness to live honestly.  They want the benefits of liberation, without contributing to the cause.  Which I think is morally incorrect.  Because when suicide is still the leading cause of death amongst LGBTQI teens, adults in the public eye should not hide behind a need for privacy.

Edited by j swift

• Members
Posted (edited)

Kids told me I was gay when I was only 5-6 years old and definitely didn't know I was gay by then. Maybe it was the fact that I played with dolls and was a diva even in kinder garten. 

Edited by Maxim