Eurovision Song Contest 2006

Huntress

• Members

Oh, so Croatia gets their winner on March 3rd? Did not know that LoL

But the whole pre-Eurovision Contest (called Dora here) has become a joke in here.. Although they said that last year's ratings for Dora were actully higher than the year before, which is surprising since it had been declining in ratings for some time... I guess, we'll have to wait and see what happens this season..

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I wish the Dutch would stop entering this stupid competition only complete idiots still believe it's about the songs.It's about politics and nothing more and it's gotten worse ever since the former East European countries entered as well.Italy stopped sending someone years ago it's about time The Netherlands do the same.Edsilia Rombley is actually a very good singer and she deserves better then this.

• Members

Germany will either send Monrose (the winners of the last "Popstars" edition), Roger Cicero (he does German swing music) or Heinz-Rudolf Kunze (he's like 50 and does German rock). It doesn't matter who we'll send because all three will guarantee us the last place in the finale.

But still, it's fun. I've already listened to many songs and my hopes are up for Iceland. There are three very good songs in the pre-selection - Jónsi would be my choice. I also hope that France sends Medi-T.

As for the Netherlands, I really like Edsilia's song but I strongly doubt that it will reach the finale. :(

• Members

Edsilia came in fourth in 1998 when all the countries still sang in their own language (wich I prefered) I really love her song "Nooit Meer Zonder Jou" but I'm afraid she will enter with the English version (wich probably will be called "Never without you" or something like that) don't get me wrong I have nothing against the English language but some of the songs entered sound better in the native language and I don't even understand all of them

• Members

I usually like the songs better when they're sung in the country's native language. For example, "Nooit Meer Zonder Jou" is unique in the competition when it's sung in Dutch, but when it's translated into English it just becomes one out of many similar songs.

I'm glad that at least some countries still stick to their native language. But so far it seems that only Andorra, Croatia, France, Cyprus and FYROM will present songs in their native language in 2007.

Most of the songs that have already been chosen are awful. I only like the Moldavian and the Dutch entry, and the Irish one isn't that bad either. But the singer's voice annoys the hell out of me.

• Members

God knows song horrible song Croatia will be sending to Euro contest this year... I know you liked last year's song from Cro, but I hated it lol And the song caused so much contraversy here.. Many hated it, yet many loved it.. but the song actually only ads up to more stuff that happens around music in Cro.. too long and too complicated to explain.. lol

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

Here's the full Eurovision Song Contest 2007 list. The only song that's still missing is the one from the United Kingdom.

Countries participating in the semi finale in draw order:

>> Video: Presentation of all semi-finalists

01. Bulgaria/Bulgaria: Elitsa Todorova & Stoyan Yankulov "Voda/Water"

02. Israel/Yisra'el: Teapacks "Push The Button"

03. Cyprus/Kýpros: Evridiki "Comme ci comme ça"

04. Belarus/Bielarus: Koldun "Work Your Magic"

05. Iceland/Ísland: Eiríkur Hauksson "Valentine Lost"

06. Georgia/Sakartvelo: Sopho "Visionary Dream"

07. Montenegro/Crna Gora: Stevan Faddy "Hajde Kroci"

08. Switzerland/Schweiz: DJ Bobo "Vampires Are Alive"

09. Moldova: Natalia Barbu "Fight"

10. Netherlands/Nederland: Edsilia Rombley "On Top Of The World"

11. Albania/Shqipëria: Aida & Frederik Ndoci "Balada E Gurit"

12. Denmark/Danmark: DQ "Drama Queen"

13. Croatia/Hrvatska: Dado Topic & Dragonfly "Vjerujem U Ljubav"

14. Poland/Polska: The Jet Set "Time To Party"

15. Serbia/Srbija: Marija Serifovic "Molitba"

16. Czech Republic/Chesko: Kabát "Malá Dáma"

17. Portugal: Sabrina "Dança Comigo (Vem Ser Feliz)"

18. FYROM/Makedonija: Karolina Goceva "Mojot Svet"

19. Norway/Norge: Guri Schanke "Ven A Bailar Conmigo"

20. Malta: Olivia Lewis "Vertigo"

21. Andorra: Anonymous "Salvem Al Món"

22. Hungary/Magyarország: Magdi Rúzsa "Unsubstantial Blues"

23. Estonia/Eesti: Gerli Padar "Partners In Crime"

24. Belgium/Belgique: Krazy Mess Grovers "Love Power"

25. Slovenia/Slovenija: Alenka Gotar "Cvet Z Juga"

26. Turkey/Türkiye: Kenan Dogulu "Shake It Up, Shekerim"

27. Austria/Österreich: Eric Papilaya "Get A Life, Get Alive"

28. Latvia/Latvija: Bonaparti.lv "Questa Notte"

Countries set for the finale in draw order:

01. Bosnia & Herzegowina: Marija Sestic "Rijeka Bez Imena"

02. Spain/España: Nash "I Love You Mi Vida"

03. *qualifier from semi*

04. Ireland: Dervish "They Can't Stop The Spring"

05. Finland/Suomi: Hanna Pakorinen "Leave Me Alone"

06. *qualifier from semi*

07. *qualifier from semi*

08. *qualifier from semi*

09. Lithuania/Lietuva: 4Fun "Love Or Leave"

10. Greece/Ellada: Sarbel "Gia Sou Maria"

11. *qualifier from semi*

12. Sweden/Sverige: The Ark "The Worrying Kind"

13. France: Les Fatals Picards "L'Amour A La Francaise"

14. *qualifier from semi*

15. Russia/Rossiya: Serebro "Song Number One"

16. Germany/Deutschland: Roger Cicero "Frauen regier'n die Welt"

17. *qualifier from semi*

18. Ukraine/Ukraina: Verka Serduchka "Danzing"

19. United Kingdom: ???

20. Romania/România: Todomondo "Liubi, liubi, I love you"

21. *qualifier from semi*

22. *qualifier from semi*

23. Armenia/Hayastan: Hayko "Anytime You Need"

24. *qualifier from semi*

• 4 weeks later...
  • Members

Here are my personal top songs from this year's contest:

1 point goes to... Iceland

2 points go to... Denmark

3 points go to... Hungary

4 points go to... Turkey

">
" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="200" height="165">

5 points go to... Spain

6 points go to... Moldova

8 points go to... Bulgaria

">
" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="200" height="165">

10 points go to... FYROM

12 points go to... Serbia

• 1 month later...
  • Members

The semi finale is over and it was a great show.

The following countries have qualified for the big finale on Saturday:

Belarus, Bulgaria, FYROM, Georgia, Hungary, Latvia, Moldova, Serbia, Slovenia and Turkey.

• Members

Europe - or shall I better say East Europe and the immigrants in West Europe - has decided:

Serbia has won the Eurovision Song Contest 2007 with Marija Serifovic and her song "Molitva".

While the West European basically gave most of their votes towards the East, the Eastern countries only voted for their neighbours, as usual. In 2008, no West European country will perform in the finale - except the Big4 (Germany, Spain, UK & France) - because the remaining East European countries will surely qualify from the semi finale like they did this year...

01. Serbia (268) *

02. Ukraine (235)

03. Russia (207)

04. Turkey (163)

05. Bulgaria (157) *

06. Belarus (145) *

07. Greece (139)

08. Armenia (138)

09. Hungary (128)

10. Moldova (109)

11. Bosnia & Herzegowina (106)

12. Georgia (97) *

13. Romania (84)

14. FYROM (73)

15. Slovenia (66)

16. Latvia (54)

17. Finland (53)

18. Sweden (51)

19. Germany (49)

20. Spain (43)

21. Lithuania (28)

22. France (19)

23. United Kingdom (19)

24. Ireland (5)

* countries that performed in the Eurovision final for the first time

• Members

Serbia's song is okay... most of the country's were a joke.. I mean, what was up with Ukraine?!

I didn't know that Serbia counts like they are there for the first time... :) I mean, I understand that they used to be Serbia & Montenegro and now they are just Serbia, but still.. :)

I'm glad Croatia didn't go to the finals.. our song was horrendous..

I'm just wondering how Belgrade and Serbia will do the contest next year.. considering how they are saying that Serbia is really poor...

• Members

Serbia deserved to win, that's no question. The high positions of Bulgaria, Hungary (what a voice!) and Moldova are also justified because these were great and unique songs.

But: Turkey and Greece were badly performed and had weak singers, plus we've heard that kind of ethno-dance-pop with thousands of "Shake Its" so many times before. Armenia and Bosnia had boring ballads. Belarus.. no comment on that, ugly singer, very bad English... the sluts from Russia also received far too many points. If a western country had sent the same song, it would have finished at the bottom.

I feel sad for Slovenia - that was a great song and it should have scored much higher, just like Finland. Germany and France were also excellent. FYROM sneaked through the semi finale like every year, where it only gathered points from its neighbours. In the finale, it also got only points from Ex-Yugoslawia and failed once again to qualify for next year's finale.

I find it quite spectacular that Portugal had almost qualified. They reached 88 points in the semi finale, only three points less than Moldova. Ironically Portugal gave their 12 points to Moldova in the semi...

Ireland's performance was a mess and the singer seemed to be very nervous, so the last position is justified. The UK was also terrible.

I strongly hope that the EBU changes the system for next year...

Archived