Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Toups

2017: The Directors and Writers Thread

Recommended Posts

Brent Boyd was an editor, not a breakdown writer.   Tracey Thomson is probably next, when her contract expires.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ajsp35801 said:

 

He was decent for who he wanted to be decent for imo.   But I don't think he has what it takes to deliver Sally's Y&R. The pacing has been horrendous. Personally, I think he got the boot over February sweeps execution. They had good ideas but he just can't make anything work unless it's stunts. 

Brent Boyd was script editor not a breakdown writer.  He did the re writes at the studio and edited.  Bibel must be taking his place.  I wonder if Lloyd Gold is out as breakdown writer? He hasn't written in two weeks.  And they brought in lame Lisa Seidman as break down writer.  They rarely keep six on staff. Don't be surprised if other FOJ go i.e. Conforti and Thompson.  I don't believe Sally will keep those writers around long term.  

Edited by RavenWhitney

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Toups said:

Brent Boyd was an editor, not a breakdown writer.   Tracey Thomson is probably next, when her contract expires.

Wasn't Thomson co-HW for a while?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, RavenWhitney said:

Brent Boyd was script editor not a breakdown writer.  He did the re writes at the studio and edited.  Bibel must be taking his place.  I wonder if Lloyd Gold is out as breakdown writer? He hasn't written in two weeks.  And they brought in lame Lisa Seidman as break down writer.  They rarely keep six on staff. Don't be surprised if other FOJ go i.e. Conforti and Thompson.  I don't believe Sally will keep those writers around long term.  

 

Ah ha. Thanks for clarification. Editing at the studio makes total sense since this is the guy actors would go to if they wanted changes to scripts. 

2 hours ago, cassadine1991 said:

Wasn't Thomson co-HW for a while?

 

Yes. With Jean and Shelley. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Toups said:

Y&R:

- Tracey Thomson last listed as Associate Head Writer on March 15

 

 

 

 

Was broadly expected. With that being said, what is the writers arrangement on Monday's upcoming episode, please?

Thanks in advance.

Edited by UK LAW

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, UK LAW said:

Was broadly expected. With that being said, what is the writers arrangement on Monday's upcoming episode, please?

Thanks in advance.

 

SSM

 

Boyd

Bibel

 

Conforti

Dansby

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thomson out is no surprise.  They kept her on for three months probably in name only to fulfill her contract.  There was no indication that Sally was collaborating with the any part of the old regime.  Sally's version from day 1 was completely different from Pratt/Thomson.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Right now, here is the current writer's list

Written by

Sally Sussman (rehire/originally hired by Bill Bell)

 

Story Consultant 

Kay Alden (rehire/originally hired by Bill Bell)

 

Breakdowns by

Michael Conforti (Phelps/Griffith hire)
Natalie Slater (Bell hire)

Jeff Beldner (Maria Bell hired)

Chris Dunn (Pratt hired)

Lisa Seidman  (rehire/originally hired by Griffith)

(Lloyd Gold) hasn't written a show in last three weeks, may be gone? (Passanante hire)

 

Script Editor 

Sara A. Bibel (Brent Boyd is out in next few weeks) (rehire/originally hired by Alden/Smith)

 

Scripts by

Janice Esser (rehired by Maria Bell/originally hired by Bill Bell

Susan Dansby (Maria Bell/Hogan Sheffer hire; had worked with Sheffer on ATWT)

Mandy Beall (Maria Bell hired from AMC after writer's strike)

Christian McLaughlin (worked under Latham but may have written a few shows before her?)

Michael Montgomery (rehire/was writer's assistant during Alden/Smith I believe, was occasional writer under Latham and Maria Bell)

 

Who's been fired:

Pratt (Phelps hire)

Thomson (Phelps hire)

Boyd (Phelps/Griffith hire)

Taylor (Phelps/Pratt hire)

Hall (Phelps/Pratt hire)

Gold? (Phelps/Passanante hire)

Edited by RavenWhitney

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, RavenWhitney said:

Right now, here is the current writer's list

Written by

Sally Sussman (rehire/originally hired by Bill Bell)

 

Story Consultant 

Kay Alden (rehire/originally hired by Bill Bell)

 

Breakdowns by

Michael Conforti (Phelps/Griffith hire)
Natalie Slater (Bell hire)

Jeff Beldner (Maria Bell hired)

Chris Dunn (Pratt hired)

Lisa Seidman  (rehire/originally hired by Griffith)

(Lloyd Gold) hasn't written a show in last three weeks, may be gone? (Passanante hire)

 

Script Editor 

Sara A. Bibel (Brent Boyd is out in next few weeks) (rehire/originally hired by Alden/Smith)

 

Scripts by

Janice Esser (rehired by Maria Bell/originally hired by Bill Bell

Susan Dansby (Maria Bell/Hogan Sheffer hire; had worked with Sheffer on ATWT)

Mandy Beall (Maria Bell hired from AMC after writer's strike)

Christian McLaughlin (worked under Latham but may have written a few shows before her?)

Michael Montgomery (rehire/was writer's assistant during Alden/Smith I believe, was occasional writer under Latham and Maria Bell)

 

Who's been fired:

Pratt (Phelps hire)

Thomson (Phelps hire)

Boyd (Phelps/Griffith hire)

Taylor (Phelps/Pratt hire)

Hall (Phelps/Pratt hire)

Gold? (Phelps/Passanante hire)

I'm taking it that a good deal of the non-Bell/Alden/Smith people will be fired.  Possivle the other MAB/Pratt people.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sheri Anderson wrote today's Days script. Very interesting that she was brought in back in the fall or last summer and yet the head/writer change was announced in January.  Clearly, the producers were gearing up for a possible renewal and Higley was on her way out back in the summer of 2016 or they wouldn't have been involving Anderson.  

 

The screen cap posted was from today's episode. I did a short stint as a script writer before being hired as creative consultant.

Edited by RavenWhitney

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/17/2017 at 4:23 PM, Toups said:

Y&R:

- Tracey Thomson last listed as Associate Head Writer on March 15

 

 

 

 

when she become Associate head writer when Pratt took over or was she already Associate Head Writer when Josh Griffith took over then was promoted?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.



×