Is Anybody Watching StartUp on Crackle?

DramatistDreamer

• Members

I don't stream Crackle very much except for the odd episode of that Jerry Seinfeld webseries Comedians in Cars Getting Coffee (don't judge:P) but a few months ago, I read about this original series there were presenting called StartUp and while watching the trailer, I noticed that Sherlock's Martin Freeman was in it.  Except for Freeman and Adam Brody, the cast seems fairly new but the premise and the diverse cast intrigued me.

Months later, I remembered that the new Crackle series was supposed to start sometime in September and decided to check the site and it was streaming so I checked out the first episode and it was interesting. Crackle's streaming player is a bit odd ( a poor man's Netflix) and glitchy and during the last few seconds of the episode that ends in a bit of suspense, the screen minimized and but when I tried to set the player back to full-screen I had missed the very end which then shifted to the closing credits. I saw a dedication to someone who I think had died (Angel or Angelito?) so I tried to enlarge the screen and rewind but somehow it rewound to the very beginning of the episode. Getting frustrated I just fast forwarded to the last few seconds that I missed, watched it and decided to see if I could find out more about the series, that's when I discovered that Paul Leyden (Simon, ATWT) was one of three co-writers of a later episode.  So now, I have to watch the entire first season since his episode is one of the last ones but I'm interested enough to do that anyway.

Has anyone else seen it?

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived