Y&R Promo - Victor's Last Stand

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

As much as I love Nikki and Victor….their children should be leading the stories….I know Victoria has for years but it doesn't count considering how bad the actress is in the role. Nick also should be running the company and Victor supporting. Of course Y&R doesn't have the right actor playing Nick to be a lead character.

• Members

I haven't cared for either character--hell many characters since '05. I feel like LML's reign chipped away at the characterizations of many characters, MAB totally decimated what was left, and Pratt is just driving home what MAB left the show with. 

I remember when all these characters were gray, complex, round characters. Victor and Jack both did heinous crap but there was balance and boundaries. They both had good sides to them. They both had Achilles Heels. They both knew how far to take their vendettas against one another. It was always business at the end of the day. Now it is so toxic that it's played a pivotal role in me giving up Y&R. It's all about shock value/sensationalism now. What half-assed story can get them press footage for the time being before they go back to cruising on nothing. 

I see so many people rave the last few months that the show is back good and I am glad for them, but I could care less to tune in. I'm just disinterested now. I truly am. I get my soapy joyless from Emmerdale and Neighbours and sometimes Eastenders and Corrie. Not the 4 remaining shows. They are just resting on their laurels until the plugs are pulled and it is all over. 

• Members

I have tried to watch but find the show to be very horrible. There are new characters who aren't needed and story lines are still so badly written. The show has gone so far the deep end that it doesn't resemble the show it once was. When I see Traci, Lauren, Ashly and Jill there is glimpses of the classic Y&R I fell in love with but besides that this Y&R is totally a different soap and not Y&R.

• Members

Oh please don't get me started on how they criminally treat Jill. If it wasn't for Jill, there would be no Y&R. She and Kay built the house that is Y&R. Even I know that as someone who started watching the show as a child in the early 90s with my mom and grandma. It's just horrible how they do Jess Walton. 

What I find odd about this show is that it is supposed to be centered around the YOUNG people, but instead it's not. IMO, it shouldn't be Jack v. Victor. It should be Adam or Nick v. Billy or even better Noah v. Kyle. The young characters have nothing going for them but these are supposed to be the characters that drive the show into the next generation. Not. I hate the day when Peter Bergman and Eric Braeden leave the show b/c it's gonna be a sad day over there. 

• Members

I always thought they should have brought back Tricia Cast and had Jill fight with her for the Chancellor Estate. Instead Jill met a guy who was playing her and somehow she fell in love with him and vanished from the canvas. I remember watching Y&R when it first started and I surely mess that Y&R.

I think there has been way too much Jack and Victor. They need to concentrate on the other vets left on the show. Most of the young cast is related to someone on the show but they are so boring. The actors in the role aren't that great either. They should never have recast Noah but I know why they had to. The new Noah is just blah for me and I don't care for him. The actress who plays Phyiiss's daughter(her names slips my mind at the moment) is just awful in the role but of course she won those Emmys. Kevin I haven't cared for in years….he hasn't had a real storyline of his own in years. Why is he still there? Are they going to give the actor the storyline he wants to play? I doubt it. The only other character I was interested in was Jack and Diane's offspring Kyle who they continued to recast or just drop all together. The last two Kyle's were good IMO but the writers had no clue what to do with them. I also liked Lauren's and Micheal's offspring….but he was too good for the show that he went to spread his wings and is only seen on occasion. I also enjoyed that troubled friend he had that tried to end his life. He was a good actor but again he was let go.

Archived