Maya tells Rick …B&B preview

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

There's still going to be a scandal obviously, thanks to Bill but I'm glad that we get to see Maya confess. Having Rick find out from someone else would just be shock-driven plot. I'm happy to see them keep the human emotion in it. I'm wildly curious about how people who need to disclose do it so I'm happy to be able to see this scene as a human moment instead of typical soap schlock.

• Members

+1 although I am conflicted.

On one hand, I understand the desire for an event from soap fans but so many of us constantly complain about how shock and plot driven things always are, how everything has to be a big, splashy "EVENT" and, when a soap actually deals with something in a more reserved, human way, all soap fans do is complain about it. So which is it?

B&B is definitely an OTT, shock-driven soap. It has always done that. So I see that side too. Maya telling Rick privately is the type of soap Y&R would often do (for example, Sharon found out Cassie is her daughter from a private, one-on-one conversation with Grace and not, say, during a New Year's Eve party at the Colonnade Room where there was a huge, public reveal. And, yet, it was very thrilling).

But sometimes, I get confused. What do fans actually want? unsure.png Do they even know? :lol: [/philosophical musings]

• Members

Fans want to b*tch! LOL. Awesome post! You are absolutely on point, here. I mentioned something similar in B&B board that I wasn't digging the PSA at first, but now I actually like it because they are treating it seriously and it is more character-driven (for B&B - let's not forget how they turned Rick into a D*ck to give Liam/The Vine a story and Nicole into a money grubbing sk*nk, except when they are key 'Emmy possible" episodes - Maya reveal, Wyatt confession, etc.) Amping up $B was exactly what the story needed to balance thee PSA aspect, but I believe most people would've been ultra critical if B&B turned the who TG thing into a "Brooke-like" scandal.

Archived