MeTV

DAMfan

• Replies 317
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...
  • Members

New schedule starting May 28, and OF COURSE, it's like 98% the same, but at least we get Charlie's Angels on weekday afternoons. I really want them to try and stick with crime/adventure shows in that daypart. The Facts of Life, Diff'rent Strokes, Love Boat, and Touched By an Angel cut to one episode per week to make way for an hour each of Gilligan's Island, The Jeffersons, and The Odd Couple on Sundays.

I have the entire series of CA on DVD but I never have time to pull out any of my DVDs anymore, so hopefully I can catch an episode from time to time on Me.

• Members

Eh.

Nice to see Charlie's Angels though. Been a while since I've watched so I'll try to catch it. I see Mama's Family is back on weekdays and Me-TV has also added The Jeffersons. Me-TV needs to give Touched by an Angel to LightTV.

Better for Odd Couple on Sunday I guess. And I think they're bringing back Gilligan, right?

But still, kind of the same old same old.

Edited by KMan101

• Members

Oh, I do too. lol

MASH, Andy, the westerns ... they're good but personally were never that appealing to me. Andy more so than the westerns and MASH. MASH is rerun SO much ....

Edited by KMan101

• Members

I've never seen anything on MeTV, but out of curiosity, how complete are the episodes as aired? Most often, vintage programs have scenes cut out from each episode, to make room for more commercials, unless you watch the shows on premium pay services like Netflix.

Many years ago, I tried to watch Little House on the Prairie, Gunsmoke, and The Big Valley on a local station, but the editing was so severe and atrocious, I just could not stand it. LHotP, whose episodes originally ran for about 47 minutes, had a whopping ten minutes sliced out of several eps. The Big Valley and Gunsmoke, originally about 50 minutes, had about 13 minutes ripped from each episode. Sure, I could buy the DVDs of many classics--if they were released--but even commercially-released TV sets sometimes presented buyers with the dreaded edited-for-syndication versions.