• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Melissa Reeves after being told of Dane's death, chimes in. (She played Joe's sister, Jade on SB from 1984-85)

1. @missyreeves4 Deepest condolences to the family of Dane Witherspoon on his passing. Wondered if you had some special memories of Dane?

2. @FDRAKEJR1 wow!! I did not know this!!! Such great memories of working with him on Santa Barbara. Thank you for letting me know.

1. @missyreeves4 Since you worked on Santa Barbara, do you have any memories of Dane Witherspoon. So SAD, RIP

2. @johnwalterseip this is devastating news. My prayers go out to his family. Wonderful memories when he played my brother on SB.

• Members

Prior to SB, Mark Arnold starred from June 1980 to October 1983 as Gavin Wylie on ABC's Edge of Night. From 1987-89, he played Rob Coronol on OLTL. He also played Michael J. Fox's rival, Mick, in Teen Wolf. Looking at his imdb page, it doesn't appear that he played any characters named Burke.

• Members

Ironic that none of these "returns" were successful in the long run. DW was let go from Capitol, never to be seen on daytime again and eventually left show business altogether, Kristen Meadows didn't last long in her return engagement on OLTL (ironically, she would join the SB cast the next year), and Taylor Miller's run at AW turned out to be a disaster.

What's really weird is how Taylor Miller's AW stint kind of mirrors Mark Arnold's at SB. Observe:

TM: Left a successful gig on an ABC soap (All My Children) and joined an NBC soap (Another World)

MA: Left a successful gig on an ABC soap (Edge of Night) and joined an NBC soap (Santa Barbara)

TM: Was paired up on-screen with predecessor's (Mary Page Keller) on- AND off-screen love interest (Thomas Ian Griffith)

MA: Was paired up on-screen with predecessor's (DW) on- AND off-screen love interest (Robin Wright)

TM: While very popular with fans in previous role (Nina Cortlandt), proved to be an immensely unpopular recast

MA: While very popular with fans in previous role (Gavin Wylie), proved to be an immensely unpopular recast

TM: Looked absolutely nothing like predecessor

MA: Looked absolutely nothing like predecessor

TM: Exited role in a grisly on-screen death scene

MA: Exited role in a grisly on-screen death scene

• Members

Thanks for looking that up I will probably confuse MA with Burke Mose for some unexplainable reason to the day i am too old to remember my last name though lol

Just an aise though Justin Mulvey isnt credited for being on GH ON HIS IMDB PAGE but im still pretty sure he played Allegra's fiancé.

• Members

Thanks for looking that up I will probably confuse MA with Burke Mose for some unexplainable reason to the day i am too old to remember my last name though lol

Just an aise though Justin Mulvey isnt credited for being on GH ON HIS IMDB PAGE but im still pretty sure he played Allegra's fiancé.

Archived