Days: "Several" Characters exit in April

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

No, that was part of my point...that I myself will sometimes post an item like this here on SON as a casting teaser. So, essentially, I was responding as though it was me who had started this thread, even though it was someone else. But, at least I've been put on notice to expect rude comments from several people if I do post stuff like this here (although it's still a surprise, since I've been posting here for so many years without anything like this happening before). I said what I needed to say last night, so this will be my last comment about this.

• Members

Yes, I agree John. A poster above said this type of thread being here is "pointless", but if you think about it, where else would a post about soap-related casting news be more appropriate than on a board like this...a soap message board! I can see if I went to a message board that dealt strictly with "Dancing with the Stars" or a message board that was for people who wanted to talk about their pets...on those types of message boards, it would be pointless to post a casting item about "Days of Our Lives."

• Members

I see the 'pointless' argument as well as the discussion angle of it all.

I mean, I do think teasing something two months before an exit is a bit much, especially with no clues and nothing really to go on, so I personally can see how it's "annoying" (but to me, half the fun is the 'unknown'), yet I adore Jason and the information he provides as a DAYS historian. DAYS has always been 'my' soap so I love the contract dates, the episode information, the tributes, etc.

I totally appreciate the information you provide Jason, which I've said so many times. You are always so pleasant to everyone, respectful, and doesn't get involved in the drama. It's also probably smart you do keep your prefrences to yourself ;) Keep up the amazing work and thank you for your efforts. If I had the time and resources, I'd be doing a lot of what you are doing, so I really do appreciate it.

I think the tease is just frustrating because it feels like with DAYS it's years before we know anything about casting (or we hear about it a year before like Camila Banus) and then to have a thread about exits in April and May when it's early March and to not get ANY information? I see both sides. The fact is, we all expect instant information (instant gratification. We don't have wait! Just Google!) because of how connected we are and when we don't get it, we lose interest, don't care, or have a bad reaction. I need to get into psychology. LOL. And, at the end of the day, they don't ever even have to announce casting, there's just this "expected" mantra in the world now where we have to know EVERYTHING.

Thanks again Jason and keep posting your teases :)

Archived