Ratings from the 80's

• Members

The week of 12/5/83, AW passes Capitol for the first time in the ratings.  This was the aftermath of Jennifer Thatcher getting killed in a car crash and the revelation that Kevin Thatcher is Sally Frame’s son.  Carl Hutchins will arrive in Bay City for the first time during Christmas week.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

The 1980s was the decade of the villain. So many shows introduced their show-defining villains that decade. 

1980: James Stenbeck (As the World Turns), Victor Newman (Y&R)

1982: Stefano DiMera (Days)

1983: Adam Chandler (All My Children), Carl Hutchins (Another World)

1985: Victor Kiriakis (Days)

If any are missing, please feel free to add to the list.

• Members

This weekend some fans began talking about when AW and Y&R were on in their part of the woods. So I asked everyone & jotted the odd ones down. Most people were as expected. This was the first I'd heard of any US outlet showing AW in the morning. 

AW: Duluth 10 am, NYC 3 pm, Other MN 11 am, San Francisco 11 am Pacific time

AW in Canada: Atlantic 4 pm, Nova Scotia 3 pm with Texas after it, NB 3 pm, CTV 2 pm, BC 1 pm

Y&R: MN (not Duluth) 11 am (AW & Y&R were up against each other.), PA (Allentown & Wilkes-Barre) 11:30 eastern

Y&R in Canada: Calgary independent channel 4 pm

• Members

What time period are you referring to that AW was on at 3pm in NYC? Since returning to its hour long episodes in the 80s, it was on at 2pm in NYC. 

There was some interesting scheduling on CBS 2 NY in 1979, Love of Life was on at noon, followed by SFT 12:30pm, YR at 1pm, ATWT 1:30pm, GL 2:30pm.

On NBC 4 NY, Texas started off at its intended 3pm timeslot, but eventually was moved to 11am, followed by the standard NBC lineup at the time Doctors 12pm, SFT 12:30pm, Days 1pm, AW 2pm. 

• Members

I want to say that Monday, Dec. 26, was the day that Greg stopped Jenny and Tony's wedding. Sometime that week, Liza spilled the beans to Jenny about Tad having slept with her and Marian.

Luke & Laura left Port Charles together on Tuesday, Dec. 27.