July 15-19, 2013: Good Week For GH/B&B

Toups

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Even though I enjoy some scenes from the shows, I can't honestly say that I'm enjoying any of the storylines in particular. None of these shows are "Must See TV" for me. Those that I record - Days & Y&R - I have no sense of anticipatory excitement over any of the storylines. And find myself FF thru or forgoing watching the episodes more times than not. I've given up on GH, but I do catch BB when possible, and again, certain scenes are riveting (HT's Katie), but the overall storylines don't compel me to watch the show.

• Members

Good for GH! Aside from the Franco silliness (it's the hair color - it makes me want to adjust my tv settings), I'm thoroughly enjoying the show. Silas is far more interesting than John McBain ever was and I really like what I've seen so far with Britt and Nikolas. The Cassadine heir with Faison's child has lots of potential. And Jane Elliot and Maura West sharing scenes is simply wonderful.

• Members

Finally someone says something positive. I enjoy the show too. Even though it could be better. That the show could be soooo much worse we all know. I just wish we would see a little less from Franco, Ava, Kiki, Morgan and Michael.

And yes, Maura West is great!

What the show needs is focus.

• Members

Sorry, but a show lacking as much substance as GH is really hard [for people who know how great this show can be] to be cheery. Way too much WTF going on! Way too many characters, which makes it IMPOSSIBLE to do any character, romance story any justice. Can it be worse? Absolutely, but we are gradually treading Trassions territory as it is.

Konnie will be out soon, so please tell me where's the story leading to this exit? Not that I care about her because I can't wait til she's gone, but seriously, why are they only taking time (huge amounts of time) to tell FrankenTodd's story?

People complaned about Guza and his pets, but all we see from the same viewers is that "we could use a little less of...". So yeah, please excuse some of us for not liking Craptini's junk!

Do we really need an eppy count for the month of July?

• Members

I enjoy the current pets more than the Guza pets. A decade of Sonny, Carly, Jason, courtney and Sam was enough. But that is personal taste i guess. And not to mention that Guza did not had any vets in his cast aside from Tracy and Luke. Tracy now is better used than under Guza.

• Members

B&B is on fire. Im hope they can hit that 3.6 mill for that weekly average. They were just shy. It amazes me B&B's long rise in the ratings to to hear the just fired kay Alden? Outregous!!!

B&B truly is the untold story. Was avergaing just 2.7 to 2.9 millions viewers a week and now look at it. Amazing and the climb has not stopped!!

B&B is on fire. Im hope they can hit that 3.6 mill for that weekly average. They were just shy. It amazes me B&B's long rise in the ratings to to hear the just fired kay Alden? Outregous!!!

B&B truly is the untold story. Was avergaing just 2.7 to 2.9 millions viewers a week and now look at it. Amazing and the climb has not stopped!!

• Members

If GH had a decade left - LMAO, you would have Crappy's pets, it's the same thing, so I don't get why this schlock is so good to anyone (although I don't begrudge anyone what pleases them). So yeah, it has to be a preference. At least 10 minutes of each show is dedicated to FrankenTodd, 7 to SilASS and 5 to KaKa. That leaves 15 minutes for everyone else. How is this any different from what Guza did with his 3 pets (and I won't argue that they were featured way too much, but they were GH characters, 2 of them the children/granchildren of legacy characters). And the 15 minutes given to the REAL GH CHARACTERS? If they are not related to FrankenTodd's story, they are discussing him.

Tracy? How is Tracy better used? Is she a sharp business woman making her family business work to honor late parents or is she shrieking and fiending for Luke? No business deals are taking place (YR is really good at this and GH could learn). Tracy and AJ should have teamed to fight off any threat to ELQ. Now, they are periodically tossed in FrankenTodd's house with a few scenes that are quite meaningless. A fight for a business when there are no business dealings at all? I find that hilarious as well!

As for the vets, I'm ok w/out them. But tell me what you think of the stories featuring the vets when they appear every other week?

People loved Jersey Shore too, so try not to read too much into what makes an audience tick.

• Members

Sad to see Days fall.. although it wasn't much - the show is still staying pretty steady.. but IMO the show is amazing right now. It's very consistent. I think they really need to add some focus to the younger crowd. Teresa and JJ are great additions, but Will/Sonny/Gabi/Nick need to be driving story and I often feel like they're supporting cast. Same for Abby/Chad. I know we are going to have some shake-ups with the younger cast over the winter/early 2014 but they need to throw T into the mix on on contract... have a Chad recast (if there isn't already one), maybe even give Rory a contract and really give some "A" story to more of the younger cast (Not to say ignore the vets.. but continue to use umbrella storylines to integrate them all together).

Archived