Netflix: Orange Is The New Black: Discussion Thread

ChitHappens

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I just finished watching the season and I thought it was weak. I guess it would be hard to top season 2 but this one just didnt have much oomph to it. It wasnt bad, but it just felt very uneventful

The dirty panties storyline was disgusting to me and I didnt like that. HATE that they did another round of Alex and Piper.

Soso was her usual annoying self and I wasnt bothered by Leanne retailiating on her

Lorna's storyline was stupid and a waste of time

I cant stand Sophia and didnt feel for her one bit. She came for Gloria and I was always on Gloria's side

Lolly? Awful. I hope she is out next year

tumblr_nqby2fL82Q1sop9wfo5_1280.png

Now Cindy is jealous? Roll my eyes

tumblr_nqjt2ukb0u1qhekpro8_250.gif
I cant believe they got rid of Nikki. I thought for sure she'd only be out a few episodes

tumblr_nqkldj8Zy11rdz4mmo2_500.gif

I also wasnt feeling Mute as some fake prophet

tumblr_n86w5c0zcg1qao9b8o1_250.gif

I love Angie bc she's so dumb.

The way Piper gave Stella a false sense of security and then set her up was gangster. Like damn

Random thought, but did they ever write Miss Claudette out? Was she released?

• Members

Cheap, you're echoing some of my thoughts so far. I can't stand Lolly. She reminds me of a girl who was in my 1st hour this last school year, right down to the mannerisms, voice, and attitude.

I also hate the dirty drawers storyline because it's gross.

ALSO not really feeling the Norma story, either, and I kinda thought her backstory was predictable.

• 2 months later...
  • Members

Up to episode 7. Absolutely loving it. Yes, the show doesn't have a central arc like Red vs Vee vs Mendoza and is decidedly less dramatic than previous seasons, but I absolutely adore all the character work, the awesome humor, the right-out-of-life observations of the characters, as well as the fact that they're showing backstories for many characters they haven't before. The Norma is a Mystic stuff just had me rolling on the floor laughing. Red finding her way back to the kitchen. Even Piper suddenly became more interesting now that she came up with the insane dirty-panties scheme of hers. LOVED what they revealed about Boo and Chang. So far only mildly impressed with Ruby Rose who I swear was on every fυcking social media that I have, pictures from various people fawning over her. But, I get it, she's gorgeous and they haven't gotten around to revealing more about her yet. The group of Poussey/Crazy Eyes/Taystee/Black Cindy is I think my fave. Just non-stop amazingness. And, wow at the change they've achieved with Pennsatucky. Lurve Morello and Caputo is always awesome. The guards can go.

• Members

I shoulda kept my mouth shut. Poor Pennsatucky was raped. It's truly amazing how they've transformed her from hateful in season 1 to being one of my favorite loved ones throughout this season. Her friendship with Boo did her wonders.

Laverne Cox is awful as Sophia. Horrific. I used to feel sad at her limited airtime in season 2 but she can't handle most of the stuff they give her.

I liked the twist of Lolly being severely paranoid/nuts instead of after Alex.

The dirty panties story is such a great and unexpected use of Piper. Finally a storyline in which I don't merely tolerate her but actually like her. Still not feeling Piper and Stella, though. Where's the chemistry? 

• Members

Oh, bless.

Black Cindy's honest explanation of why she wants to be Jewish tore my heart up. One of the best acting moments in the show ever, and a thrilling display of dramatic acting chops from an actress who was mostly displayed (fabulously done) comedy.

LOVED how Soso became a part of the black group. 

Not gonna lie, Piper exacting her revenge on that annoying kangaroo bitch was thrilling. If y'all didn't like it, y'all are letting your prejudices cloud your minds!

Are we finally rid of Alex??

The lake stuff was beautiful. BEAUTIFUL. I felt so much happiness and excitement for this group of women. I reveled in their enjoyment. And what a nice ending note of threat, as all the new prisoners arrive and it becomes obvious that it's about to become a madhouse in there.

• 4 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • Members

Season 3, Ep 11 "We Can Be Heroes"

Had to skip past all the posts just to say something about this one. I thought that was an incredibly effective episode. Best of the series. Near perfection. Every scene had varying levels of complexity and conflict that I could barely take without pausing and taking them in first. I was blown away by this hour of television to say the least. I can only imagine what the next two are going to bring? I have a feeling I'll be let down but will see tomorrow...some highlights:

Alex. This is the most I've EVER enjoyed Laura Prepon's performance on this show. I find her mostly dreadful in the series but this episode highlighted her strengths to a T. I loved the last Piper/Alex scene. Piper becoming just like Alex in the beginning is a great angle to play. It's difficult to watch Piper turn into this but also fascinating. I was somehow heartbroken for poor Flaca when Piper fired her...

Side note: I find Ruby Rose and her character completely useless and irritating and i'd prefer Piper became more delinquent without her influence. Onto more highlights tho...

The last Boo/Pennsatucky scene completely got to me and my ass was crying HARD. I think this was the most outstanding scene I have witnessed on this show aside from some of the Crazy Eyes/V interactions from last season. It was incredibly written and well done by BOTH actresses. Lea DeLaria is a force.

What an immaculately clever way to bring Rosa back via the Caputo flashbacks. I was delighted to see her again!

The Ruiz/Daya scene caught me off guard and I was conflicted on both sides.Somehow I half agree with both of them? It was too much for me to take! I had to pause and think of both angles. 

The Poussey/Crazy Eyes "forgiveness" scene was sooooo good I teared up there too! I love seeing the rare, purely human side of Suzanne come out! UZO is a genius and rising queen of our time; she's going to continue to kill the game and take the world by storm.

The Caputo story is surprisingly engrossing. I was loving his flashbacks! OMG, who could be next? LOL this show has ventured out of just the prisoners backstories to the employees now; I freaking love.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Members

Just saw this. They wrote her as getting transferred to Max at the end of Season 1 and said that people don't normally come back from Maximum Security. So I believe she is still down in MAX. I know after S1 the actress was in a bad car crash that resulted in her being in a medically induced coma... but I would like to think 3 years later hopefully she is feeling better and can return because I definitely miss her and her banter with Red.

I don't by Nicki being down there for long. I hope she is back soon and I really want her to hook back up with Morello.

• Members

Ive only seen the first 3-4 episodes. The first did nothing to me and just seemed like it was carry over from last year. It starts to pick up a bit after that. HATE that Polly or whatever her annoying ass name is is still around. Was she always bats--t crazy? She came across annoying and weird before but here she is just nuts like she should be in a mental institution instead

• Members

Keep watching, by episode 6 it's insane (in a good way). Also, give Lolly a chance. I felt the same way about her that you do, but by the end of the season my heart ached for her so much. Just wait for her backstory and your mind might change. Cannot wait to discuss the season with you once you've finished. 

Archived