AMC: Monday June 10, 2013 Discussion Thread

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I am really, truly rooting for these shows, and there's a lot about AMC that has been working, but it's getting worse and worse for me.

Pete/Celia are DOA. Celia's an idiot and, though she might have being sheltered as an excuse, it makes no sense to me why Pete has any interest in her. Colby is embarrassingly bad. The writing for her is just amateurish and cardboard-thin. It's a shame, because a lot of stuff works, but I can't say I'm upset about the writer switch. With any luck, the material will improve when the new writers' stuff kicks in.

It really reminds me a lot of Marlene McPherson's reign on Days. There were lots of interesting historical references and interactions between key characters, but the stories had no drive and everything felt oddly fake. I can't imagine anyone who doesn't have nostalgic love for AMC being into what I watched today.

• Members

I think AMC has actually rallied very well after a slow (but good) first several weeks. It's been the knockout since the schedule change, while OLTL turned into the slower (but good) show. Granted, I haven't watched Monday's yet.

Colby, I don't really care. She has never had a discernable personality in three actors on ABCD, so they might as well make a new one for her.

• Members

I so agree with you. There are like 300 comments on the AMC FB (I visit the FB pages for comic relief and then always say I will never do it again but always do) complaining about the massive change to Colby's character and I am just like who is this defined character you speak of? I guess she's closest to the first Colby but there's really no character assassination to cry out over. I think she is filling an important hole in the show. I like Brooke Newton- her first day was a little bit of an Elle Woods cartoon but I think she'll get layers quick enough. She reminds me a little of early RB Greenlee with Celia as Becca Tyree.

• Members

Oh, I don't mind the alleged 'change' in Colby's character. I don't think the character ever really worked to begin with. I just think the writing is totally one-dimensional and silly so far, and the performance isn't strong enough to salvage that. With any luck, it will all improve.

• Members

After watching the 6/12/2013 episode (which was actually intended to air originally on 6/17/2013 if the show hadn't edited together the 6/10 and 6/12 episodes into one choppy episode).. I e-mailed the head of PP Jeff Kwatinetz regarding this and made a comment that I hoped this edit job occurred before the union disagreement came into play (since that would cut down on the stockpiled episodes already shot).. his response to my e-mail goes as follows:

( Editing had NOTHING to do with the union dispute. We just try to edit the best eps we can; we don’t always get it right but we are doing our best to tell story and have great character. I appreciate the email and you taking the time and I promise you we are striving to do our best!)

• Members

Yeah, so I just watched this. It was indeed all over the place - interesting (particularly the Jesse stuff) but all over the place. The first day in two or three weeks where OLTL clearly beat it out and became the frontrunner again, in terms of excitement.

I've always liked Heather so I was happy to see more of her. She's awkward and gawky in a way they tend to not let most teens on soaps be anymore. Farah Fath was once that way, actually, waayyyyy back in her very early years on DAYS with Kirsten Storms.

I like the idea of Colby, I like her angling after David and Pete, I like her trying to push J.R. to a feud with Brooke, but the actress and the material are straight-up drag queen. She's just way over the top. I hope she improves on today's show.

Archived