K-Pop Appeciation Thread

• Members

Yay, another possible convert! Once you get hooked, your hooked! LMAO. The two bands that we primarily discuss here are BigBang and B2ST/Beast. BigBang has more of a hip hop/R&B influence with a bit of rock and Beast is more pop. I love them both as they offer something different. 2NE1 is a girl band and their sound is all over the place. They are eclectic and always reinventing themselves. Here are some of my favorite songs that you may want to check out

BigBang

Beast

2NE1

Jay Park (AMD isnt a fan, but I love him...lol)

Seungri

CL

Hope you like!

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

OMG! Thank you for putting all this together!

I LOVE Big Bang, although usually my style is closer to Beast.

I just can't with this sexiness:

bigbang-white1_zps1e1c439a.jpeg

Is that Taeyang in the middle? He and the guy on the far right (what's his name?) can come get it anytime they want it. And, when they need a break, I'll take the second from the left laugh.png

Beast were cool.

I just love all the crazy videos and costumes. My God, the costumes.

I can already tell that 2NE1 and I are going to have a very interesting relationship. LOVED them.

Jay Park is the one I knew from this thread (that video were he's half naked in a room with some slut). Love his music and he's so so so damn sexy.

Seungri's nice too, I really liked his song although I'm not sure how well he stands on his own.

And then this hot mf-er!

• Members

wub.png wub.png wub.png wub.png wub.png wub.png

Cheap why'd you have to go and bring my Dongwoon obsession back?! OMG! LOVING his look as well biggrin.png

Agreed. I just hate it. Hate the muscles and overall just the more hard pressed persona he's been sporting lately. I just need him to stay looking like a baby sad.png LOL

biggrin.png ;-)

Yes to all this and the examples you posted!

And don't forget GD & TOP (Duo from Bigbang)

LOL. Sure aren't. But I'm still trying ;-P Same with 2PM who I just find...meh still.

So basically; Taeyang, TOP & Seungri are your boo's. Yeah, your with us biggrin.png

• Members

Yay! Looks like we reeled one in. LOL...cant wait till AMD comes in here and sees someone else getting into this

I love Big Bang as well. I love how they have a very Western influence to their music. Like its stuff I could easily hear over here in the US, except the lyrics arent in English. Well some of their songs are in English and it sounds just like it could have been an American song. Its funny to follow their evolution

Thats how they were when they first came out back in 2006. They seem like a 90s R&B group. Like IMx...lol

Yes thats Taeyang in the middle. He oozes sex appeal, although the look he's had for the past year has been a turnoff. The guy on the right is TOP and yes he looks good too.

tumblr_mrheolBwBE1rjxv82o1_500.gif

tumblr_mrdvr6WunG1sspz6vo4_400.jpg

biggrin.png

Them some lucky bitches in that video...lol

I actually prefer Seungri on his own. Within the group, he seems to get the less speaking parts and is easily overshadowed by the other guys. GD is the leader, TOP is the main rapper, Daesung has the strongest voice and Taeyang is flashy and the sex appeal. They've all also had some crazy hair color and/or styles but Seungri's pretty plain in comparison. But he's comic relief and charming. I think as a solo artist, he gets a chance to stand out more

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jobf4B0zO0c

He's a great live performer! I cant wait for his new material and the promotion to follow.

Jay Park...I love him bc he is very versatile. He's not only a strong vocalist, but he's a great rapper

Taeyang wub.png Luckily he comes out with a new album next month. Since you're feeling thirsty, check this out biggrin.png

I occasionally try and get into new people/groups but really I always come back to Big Bang and Beast. Those are my two main obsessions, although 2NE1 and Jay Park rank up there. I also like 4Minute, 2PM, although not as much as those others

• Members

I saw wink.png

This was at an event on Monday

tumblr_mrji0daQIe1snc2n6o1_500.jpgtaeyang-ambush.jpg

Don't like it but at least the doodoo braids are out (for now). Looks like theres some blonde. Wonder what look he is going for bc it looks like he just threw the hat on bc he didn't have time to do anything with it

seungri-facebook3.jpg

heres the translation

LMAO, DEAD at that. Take that bitch! I cant wait to read the English translation and hear him slay her. Haha, Im dying over here at this post

Junhyung/Monstar

Im like obsessed with this. Its too bad its only 2 minutes. I wish he had done more with the Men in Black. He looks good as leader of a group biggrin.png

Edited by Cheap21

• Members

This Dongwoon person is gorgeous and has amazing hair. Like, I almost wanna make love to that hair.

Hahaha

OMG, TOP sexy deep voice. DEAD. And sooo horny.

YES they are... Taeyang OMG. I even followed him on Twitter and IG. That's how you know it's real.

• Members

You sure did! :lol:

That's exactly what I was thinking about Big Bang. They totally sound like US songs I hear on the radio and just don't happen to catch the lyrics lol

OMG is that really how they were when they first started? Wow. They've changed/evolved so much.

OMG, this TOP guy... I just might have to make that gif my Avatar.

Hmmm yes Seungri really does look great live. I dunno, I only saw that one video if his you posted so I gotta investigate further. And word on Taeyang being the sex appeal. I mean, God knows he can't sing but that SEXINESS. THAT BODY. GIMME NOW.

And you will go to hell for doing that to me :lol: Dear... God.. in... Heaven. Yes, I am thirsty and would drink from that well real quick. I am having IMPURE THOUGHTS. Just... I need a minute, y'all.

• Members

OMG YRBB your thirst is REAL!

I know you didn't just say Taeyang can't sing mad.gif LOL I actually think he has one of the best voices in the group. His second verse in "Blue" (AKA my favorite Bigbang/K-Pop song ever) is absolutely beautiful and my fave. @2:31

I hope you opinion on his voice changes as you listen to more songs wink.png

Ok I'm actually feeling this look biggrin.png Although the hair hidden in the back scares me. He best not braid that.

I love this a lot too!

Edited by AllMyDaysatGH

• Members

I can't deny it. He (and, to a lesser extent, TOP) does things to me. Simply put,

tumblr_ln9ka3rhv91qafrh6.gif

Hahahaha "Blue" was great and I like his verse but it also sounds processed/autotuned. Of course he will sound good in the studio version tongue.png From the live video Cheap posted, my ears were screaming. But I will give him many shots lol I hope we can still be friends tongue.png

Edited by YRBB