GH: Classic Thread

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Paul Raven, thanks so much for those magazine covers. I've never seen them before. It's kind of fun to see that Steve, Audrey and Jessie were "cover" material once upon a time.

And that was a classic scene between Monica and Lesley. Monica was such a b#tch! LOL! LC and DA worked well together. Thanks for sharing.

Edited by OldGHFan

• Members

I've always said that I want to see a new man swoop in and knock Monica off of her feet....Only to cheat on her...With Lesley! It would be such a nice play on the original triangle of Lesley/Rick/Monica.

Monica WAS a bitch, and I loved it. Denise Alexander is such a fantastic actress. I can't believe nobody is utilizing her right now. I'd probably rank her as the strongest GH actress of all time, even.

• Members

Sadly, I spent the first eighteen years of my life being a non-soap viewer. (Since none of my friends or family liked soaps, I never tried watching them; it wasn't until I went off to college in 1998--and got hooked on the soon-to-be-cancelled AW--that I fell in love with soaps.) Nevertheless, I have done an extensive amount of viewing of vintage clips and other research to the point where I know quite a bit about the golden eras of ATWT, AW, and GL.

While I know far less about GH's history (compared to the above P&G soaps), it has always been my impression that Alan and Monica have been such a crucial tentpole couple for this soap (much in the same way as Bob and Kim Hughes). And although this happened only a couple of years ago, I view the decision of killing off Alan--during a "sweeps" month stunt--to have been such a dagger in the heart to the very core of GH. I would not be surprised if this decision played a big role in the huge ratings freefall GH experienced over the last few years.

Edited by Max

• Members

You're absolutely right. Monica and Alan were such a real, gritty, everyday couple. Yes, they were extremely rich, but they didn't front. They didn't stay together because of money or children. They were upfront with each other. There was fighting, betrayal, anger, etc. But through it all, they came back to one another and had that true bond that so many can relate with.

• Members

I love that Cheap!! Thank you so much. I have two questions:

Where can i find that video of Tracy and Monica fighting in the fountain? It's one of my all time favorite GH scenes and I can never find it.

Also, who was Skye waving goodbye to in that scene where she's being ushered out the door? I can't remember.