Joan Collins Lists Manhattan Condo for $2.8 million

DaytimeFan

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I agree with you, it's not a building that stands out, though I do love the location, close to everything you'd want to be near. When she bought it in 2002 she apparently got it for $1 million, 1,900 sq ft in Midtown for that price is nothing to scoff at. If she gets near her asking price she'll make a pretty penny off this place.

I wonder if she had any problems with co-op boards at more famed buildings?

• Members

My friends lived in a mid-rise on 56th btw 2nd & 3rd and it was certainly bustling during the day, a little quieter at night, still traffic was always whizzing down 3rd. Park Ave. is always pretty quiet though, sure it gets busier as you get closer to Grand Central, but she and Percy could have had quiet evening strolls on Park as long as they strolled North. ^_^ I was just about to say that they're also close to the train :lol: HA! As if! But they are close to Bloomies which I'm sure Joan liked. ;) I think the place suited her needs, and I love how Joan is Joan 24/7/365, the decor is all her.

• Members

I like that feel too. I lived off of Lex for about a year in not at all ritzy digs. :P When I walked home sometimes I would go a little out of my way and walk on Park if I was in the mood for a little quiet on a nice day. It always felt like a ghost town regardless of the fact that traffic runs north and south. It is almost exclusively residential and hardly anyone would be walking the sidewalks besides little old ladies and their dachshunds.

• Members

Yeah, the kitchen is very 80s (which pretty much is her style :lol: ). I have seen quite a few condo/co-op kitchens in my real estalking a lot like that one where the owners haven't made that particular update. Not just the cabinets but the dishwasher and range/hood too as you can see. NY kitchens are such an afterthought anyway, they are notoriously tiny and underused, Joan and Perce probably ate out every night. ^_^ You can tell that they haven't put any money into this place at all beyond paint and paper and even the furniture looks recycled, perhaps from her L.A. home when she downsized to the Sierra towers apartment.

eta: btw, what is that antique asian TV box diorama looking thing btw living and dining?

• Members

The kitchen isn't a problem, it's Manhattan, nobody uses their kitchen for anything but toast, soup or frozen pizza. Joan and Percy, without question, went out to eat for lunch and dinner every day they've lived there.

I agree SFK, she's put no work into the place aside from some paint and wallpaper. The apartment is very 30s, very deco, it's all that furniture of Joan's (much of which is from her 1980s Beverly Hills mansion) that gives it a "look"...honestly, much of the furniture looks like Joan's castaways, hardly her prized possessions.

The Asian box you've noticed is something Joan has owned for decades. She uses it as a stationary stand.

Archived