OLTL Tribute Thread

• Members

I remember how popular Sam was when he first showed up. It was only when the show began repeatedly, sometimes brutally, reinforcing his superiority, and bringing on all his relatives, that people started to hate him. They would have been better off if they'd kept him in a smaller role, and with less of that teeth-sucking smugness. So much of the Nora stuff seemed to be from his POV for a long time - even when Nora told the truth it seemed to be most about how it affected him. There's one scene where he is going on about Nora only caring about what helps Bo, and loving Bo, and she mentions to him that he kept quiet about Lindsay's lies. He just ignores the question entirely.

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I thought some of the fans interested in the earlier years might like this. I know there are some photos of Joanne Dorian around (if there's an episode I guess it's not available) but this is the only article I've seen so far. It's from Afternoon TV, June 1971.

AftTV671005.jpg

AftTV671006.jpg

AftTV671007.jpg

AftTV671008.jpg

Edited by CarlD2

• Members

I wonder if her last name inspired the writers.

Can you believe this is Viki's IMDB listing:

Mayor Victoria 'Viki' 'Blondie' Lord Riley Lord Buchanan Buchanan Carpenter Davidson

I wonder if someone will look at Joanne Dorian's page and say, "Wow she did a lot in a year."

• Members

hat ws a McTavish story, right?

I hated Kale as Sam--I didn't ind Laurence in the role for whatever reason, I guess I find him a more appealing actor, but the role was useless by then anyway.

Speaking of Alison, when she returned under RC, did we ever get an explanation what her secret was? I can't remember the end of her character.

• Members

I had no idea Marco Dane returned in 91--was this to lead to his GH role? He won for OLTL the Soap Opera Digest award for best short term character.

I also can't find the video of Roy Orbison's Crying that stared Max and Luna that Linda Gottlieb set up, but I remember it played a lot.

Edited by EricMontreal22