AMC Tribute Thread

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I had a question about the scenes where the parents are arguing with Michael and the principal and a few others. Do you know who is playing the father whose daughter walked out of class, and he keeps saying slurs until Dixie is speechless? That actor looks so familiar to me. I think he played a racist cop. And who is playing the principal?

I didn't appreciate at the time how good the setup was for the opposing sides on this issue. Of course the biggest bigots were short-term characters, and longtime bigot/snob Enid, but you still had Opal in a believable role, and Trevor's reactions were also believable.

The best part of the whole thing for me was seeing Stuart in the middle of the drama. I love the scene where he reminds Enid of the nasty way she'd treated Cindy, and that this will be a WAR. Enid, a little flustered, blows him off. It's a fantastic use of history, and such a wonderful performance from David Canary. I love his work in this story, little scenes like him staring open-mouthed at all the chaos around him. As good as Canary was as Adam, I think his best work, at least up to the early 00's or so, was as Stuart.

• Members

It's like I can hardly believe what great material they give Jill Larson here. I sometimes forget her pre-Erica's sidekick life. These were well-written, LONG scenes.

Sorry I can't be of help with those two actors' names.

Edited by SFK

• Members

I do wonder if they took a lot of the dialogue they may have given Palmer and gave it to her instead. Even if he had less to do, what a great scene when he just walks out (Dixie: Go Uncle Palmer!)

There are also some very sexy scenes with Tad and Liza at the start of the 1/9 episode. I'd forgotten about how they smoldered. I don't know what happened which took that away, but it was the show's loss. I guess it would have gone away if they'd gotten together as a real couple, but I wish we'd had the chance to find out.

Had anyone else forgotten about Hayley's stint running Enchantment? Even Kelly Ripa used to rag on that. It's ludicrous.

• Members

Ok, loved the Gay Story very well done imo.

Hated the Santoses and Noah/Julia. Didnt like maria and Edmund, Edmund brlomged to Brooke imo.

I am actually kinda taking a second look at Anita as wekk, but I thought TPTB shouldve went with Laure/Bobby!

• Members

Laura/Bobby would have been interesting. I liked the idea of Kelsey/Bobby, and I liked Scott/Laura (the first Scott - not dull Cosgrove), but Bobby/Laura would have been very loud and challenging, and maybe better defining for the characters.

I had never seen the stuff where Liza has to awkwardly deal with the kids, then they leave, and she and Tad have a steamy kiss, and JR walks in! Now we know why JR was so screwed up!! wacko.png

• Members

Cheap, that's Vanessa Bell Calloway, she played Yvonne who was messing with Jesse. You probably know VBC from a million black centric shows (including BET's attempt at a The View-type show), but this is her iconic moment in pop culture history:

vanessabell_1.jpg

you-believe-this-shit1.png?w=300&h=168