Sally Spectra Valentine's Day advice

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Yeah what was up with that anyway, like why did they let her go?.... You know its interesting that even when Michael Fox who played Saul passed away. (which in some aspects was probably the beginning of the end of the Spectra Clam.) They were still able to make the Spectras a top notch group. It seems like Macy and Darla's deaths really did that in, and of course ended with Darlene passing in real life.... I too wonder how the show could be so cruel to both Bobbie Eakes and Schae Harrison, and to Daniel McVicar. I agree that it would have been nice for the show to stay with the Forrester/Spectra rivalry, and they could have continued to beef it up by using those 3 actors and adding on the course. I'm beginning to wonder if a character like Aggie could have had more to do if she worked for Spectra instead of Marrone.

• Members

I could never, ever understand how after writing Macy good storyline (her rivalry with Brooke, marriage to Deacon) for several months Bradley inexplicably said he was going back-burner Macy for lack of story, which caused to Eakes to start searching other employment. Of course being as lazy as he is he killed off Macy off-screen without any chance of a recast. Killing off Darla and phasing C.J. was bad, but having Sally become the personal secretary for the Forresters after losing her company was just insulting.

• Members

Well the dismantling of the Spectras came about the same time Brad Bell went to TV Guide proclaiming that he was building a new family around Lorenzo Lamas and Sydney Penny to essentially replace the Forresters. Oh yeah and his Lolita romance plans with Eric and Caitlin. Well like so many of his story ideas he changed his mind, but he did take the opportunity to write out both Rick and Bridget for a while during this same period.

• Members

The sad part is I would have rather seen the Forresters go than the Spectras. Brad Bell doesn't know how to write for them anyway. He doesn't really know how to write for anyone (I still shudder at what he did with the Logans).

• Members

Brad Bell on Sally Spectra SOD Dec 89

"Sally was originally conceived as a dark character, an evil threat to the Forrester family and image. However, her character has evolved into a more well-rounded person, with a range of emotions,reactions and facets. Darlene Conley has aided us enormously in the development and evolution of this character because she possesses one key attribute: she's completely uninhibited. Darlene has brought humor, fun and outrageousness to Sally, which in turn has made a big difference to the show-giving it a sense of unpredictability and zaniness that it did not have before"

• Members

This is quite true. Another thing I've always noticed was Sally didn't always seem to intentionally want to rivals with the Forresters, I think she just wanted to get in their circle as Stephanie's friend and pushing Macy to get with Ridge way back there in '89 on the Queen Mary. I think for Sally the Forresters represented everything she had wanted and she wanted to be a part of that.

Archived