Friday, February 11th-repeat

• Members

I don't get it lol These people are acting as if it pains them to do something else for an hour once a month. Jeez. God forbid they just watch the f'n episode. Enough current characters are in the episodes ABC picks so that newer viewers aren't totally clueless. It seems like they really do just watch for the plots...you can plug any old character into any old storyline, it doesn't matter.

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Michael Karol on Friday's classic episode:

February 15, 2011

It's Not Nice to Fool a "Jerica" Fan

I'm all for seeing classic episodes of my soap, but ABC's recent encore presentations of ALL MY CHILDREN might have backfired. Last Friday (February 11), the net's encore was the 2005 episode in which Erica and Jack were married in Boca Raton, Fla., under a beautiful banyan tree. There were only a handful of attendees, including Bianca, Kendall, Greenlee, Reggie and Lily. Each of the kids gave a touching speech marking how they felt about Erica and Jack being together. The episode appeared improvised, and was deeply felt and expertly played by the actors. The problem (aside from reminding us of how much we miss Reggie, Lily and the old Greenlee)? Jack and Erica are currently in the throes of being broken up by a man called Caleb. Through that lens, running this particular episode seems like a cheap shot by AMC, so that the show can have its cake and eat it, too. I understand that ABC's not doing the encores anymore, which is a good thing. Better to concentrate on making the show all that it can be in the present, instead of reminding fans what they're missing from its past.

http://soapoperadigest.com/opinions/soap-dish/

Archived