Has anyone bought soap dvds from iofffer before?

• Members

Hey guys, i want to know something. Recently i went on ioffer.com and i'm trying to buy old Y&R dvds from two buyers. I left a few messages about requests and price offering, but i have yet to hear back from anyone yet. its only been a couple days but i noticed that others have gotten responses alot quicker, and that usually one of the buyors will be online but will never respond to the messages i left. So unless im just being impatient because the thought of actually owning old Y&R episodes on dvd is like a dream come true to me...i guess i wanted to know if anyone else has experience this and if im doing something wrong, thanks.

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Yeah that probably would have been a smart choice, I dont want to say the persons name on here, but i strolled through the comments on there and they seemed mostly posistive. I mean no one seemed to be complaining, except one thought that his/her dvd total was too expensive. oh well i guess i will see in several days, does anybody know of a really good site that has good soap opera dvd sales just in case, and do these sites have Y&R dvds on them?

• Members

I've looked a bit too--but for AMC ones, with limited success. The person I found with the most seems to be charging more than I'd happily pay--and seems to be on ioffer too with Y&R dvds so I wonder if it's the same. SHe's not charging a ton, just a bit more than I can justify for something she's clearly profitting on.

• Members

I actually haven't paid for them yet, but the Dvds are actually not that expensive at all. I dont want to say the exact price, but yeah im not paying a whole lot for them.... The one person who thought it was way too much money was someone who wanted to buy like 20 dvds, and im only buying two (Im apparently getting 15 episodes total with the two boxsets) the other seller was charging more than that and i made an offer to him too, but luckily the other buyer finally made an offer to sell me the dvds i wanted.

• Members

Never heard of this! But there is one person I know of who sells DVD's of various soap episodes and specials. They have a website and every now 'n then they email you an updated list of what they have available. About 4 years ago I bought 12 DVD's edited of the possession story on DAYS. $10 per DVD. It was worth it :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

My dvds finally Came!!! :) They are not the best quality be they are still very watchable! I have been loving every single classic episode that has been played on my tv! I highly recommend that you guys go on ioffer if you want a few dvds of your favorite soaps! Now the challenge that i want to take part in is learning how to upload stuff onto youtube to share with you guys LOL.... I might post some classic recaps from the episodes that i got if you guys want to know what was happening.

Archived