Help with mystery soap storyline...

• Members

A friend of mine, who knows I knwo something about soaps, but I can't place this (and I'm pretty sure it's not Y&R or especially ATWT, but can't be sure...)

"By the way, I just thought of something really obscure.. I remember my Mom was watching one in which someone was stalked by a giant Raggedy Anne doll which terrified me. I don't think it was The Young & The Restless, which is still my Mom's favorite. It might have been As The World Turns. Anyway, if this rings a bell let me know"

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Wow... I think i know which one that is.... It has got to be Passions, the only supernatural soap their ever was out there. and that raggedy anne doll sounds a lot like that horrible Cracked Connie doll they had for a few months, after the actor who played Timmy ( the other doll) died in real life.

• Members

Yea, it was Alma, I remember that doll. God she was a great psycho..remember how she would call Cecile.."Cecil,"

You know, I do remember something on Y & R about a rag doll, but I never watched that show it could be wrong, I just remember my grandmother screaming at the TV, "Oh its that damn rag doll again, don't you know BLANK, is doing it you damn fool!"

Also, on GL there was a doll which was part of the cabin mystery, which everyone was desperate to get..(I forgot what was in it, but the mystery was a dud, Brandon Spaulding, Evil Incarnet, is alive, even though we saw him die, and has a family with a black woman in Barbados, but he aparently mellowed, and he dies like one episode after the reveal. Why go to the trouble of bringing him back, with all the baggage that Alex and Alan had, and have him drop dead. How great to see the old bastard back and taking on an empowered Alex for control..and to have Bev purr "Daddy," one more time, only this time with hate in her voice!!"

• Members

I think they must have just done that with Bradley for shock value, but it had no consequences - they had to invent a half-brother for Alex to give her story after this yet they ignored the many half-siblings and relatives who were just invented. It was obvious they were scared of actually having black Spauldings. Then why do it at all.

OLTL almost twenty years later did the same thing having Victor Lord as alive for decades, hidden away, planning to harvest his granddaughter's heart, and then he also died before they could bother to clear up any storylines, never mind that after "death" the man had been rewritten into some type of murderous pedophile who built huge underground cities in his spare time.

Eric, the AW story with Alma ended with her being run off by Cecile (who put all the blame on her for the whole ugly scheme against Blaine), then returning and being murdered. The killer turned out to be Blaine's mother, who of course, was terminally ill and died soon after confessing.

This story also saw the exit of longtime Cory housekeeper Louise, who left after Alma destroyed her beloved plants and said the same would happen to her :(

• Members

Thank God, they got rid of that boring ass Simon, with a one scene explanation that he wasn't her brother and was duping her. Yes, it made Alex look stupid but since all of us wanted to forget he existed in the first place it was fine.

Totally agree, why create the black Spauldings if you were never going to use them? Having super evil Brandon dealing with his daughter, who proved to be (when it was BevAlex) more of a match for him then even Alan. At the time Alan was offcanvas, so you could have had Phillip being seduced into evil by dear old granddad, etc. [!@#$%^&*], Charita passed at that time so the could have brought Meta back and retrowrote an affair the two of them had producing a kid. They then could have had him killed off, with a line of suspects, Alex, Phillip, Meta, India, Henry, H.B. etc. And Bev was never better then when Alex was fighting male dominance of her!

• Members

Oh god I remember that doll on AW. Elizabeth Franz as Alma was scary. Really great theater actress. Hope this is not too OT, but while we're on the subject of mystery storylines, does anyone remember the Jingles the Clown storyline on Somerset? I know the great Henry Slesar wrote that storyline. This was a little before my time, but any time I've seen a reference to it, it was described as "terrifying" and "chilling." It sounds like it was probably amazing. Anyone remember and-or care to summarize that storyline?

Archived