Y&R: Old Articles

• Replies 13.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Great find, thanks!! And a Sheila ep, no less. Wow, that is a significant new detail that Sheila was going to follow Scott to Boston! If only Scott hadn’t gotten her job back, he could have saved himself years of drama.

Incredible Nathan and Dru scenes. Always love the Circle of Fear “horn of death”, haha

Fun to see David laying on the charm with Nina. How I THRILL to see new sets like that park! We are so starved in 2023 for any sets that require a budget.

Ugh, hate seeing Peter B’s Jack making inroads with Nikki. 

Nikki and Victor are always the WORST in hospital settings, haha. Nikki is always overly emotional to the point of hysteria, and Victor is always over-demanding and not respectful of a doctor’s experience.

My biggest wish for future June ‘90 eps that hopefully surface someday, is the follow-up to Gina’s suicide attempt.  Patty Weaver just did an interview where she talked about Gina going crazy when visiting Clint in jail, and jumping over the partition separating them! Sounds amazing

• Members

Watching one alcoholic beg another alcoholic to stop drinking and go back to AA is intense stuff.  It's the sort of stuff that Y&R and daytime used to do so well.  I miss those days so much.  Sigh.

I don't know why Bill Bell thought it'd be a good idea even back then!  

• Members

Whiteface Tyrone would not fly today and I don't know how Bill Bell got away with it.

That storyline was part of the mob angle during the H. Wesley Kenney years. Action/adventure was the 1980s trend Y&R got wrong, those storylines didn't suit Y&R.

• Members

The "whiteface" storyline didn't seem so offensive (or absurd) at the time, because soaps were telling such weird "sci-fi" type storylines.  Between 1980 and 1985, we'd seen shows telling stories about controlling the world's weather, searching for Aztec treasure, sending subliminal messages through video discos, and all types of nonsense.  That's about the time Dynasty even gave us a flashing UFO with space aliens. Y&R was clearly on the wrong track with the whiteface man versus the mobsters tale, but somehow it seemed more "reality-based" than what some of the other shows (specifically ABC) were offering.  I remember laughing at Tyrone's rather nerdy and ineffective disguise, but compared with some of the fare we were getting from the competition, it all seemed fairly benign.  Politically correct? Nope.  The least bit believable?  Nope.  But not as weird as little green Martians abducting Fallon, probably.      

• Members

What was your opinion or the audiences general opinion of Marge? Was everyone outraged that after all these years, they were getting a Kay doppelgänger tale? Those stories are typically far fetched even if I thought Kay/Marge was well done.