Y&R: Old Articles

• Replies 13.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

MTS plays the pain of these scenes incredibly well. Almost too well. I wonder if it's because of her own back problems. The scene where she tries to take out her IV is very disturbing. I'm surprised no one was with her.

Did one of the women who plays Molly's friend play the grandmother in Daddy's Dyin But Who's Got the Will?

• Members

I had no idea that Melody was experiencing back pain in real life. That would explain why she made any scenes where she is in pain so realistic.

I have to say, As much as i love Brenda as Ashley and Grambo was a lot more tolerable back then. Whenever there is a disagreement scene between Victor and Brenda as Ashley (like the ending of this episode) I always kind of long to see what Eileen would have made of these scenes if she was still Ashley at this point. I say this because i think back then Eileen's Ashley's would have never let Victor just walk out on her, without giving her the answers she wants, and Brenda's Ashley for the most part, kind of lets Victor walk all over her as he does here. Considering the main reason why Ashley has proven to be such a prop for Victor in recent years is because of how Jack Smith changed him, its hard not to think of what might have been.

The woman who plays Doris played another character during the Lisa/Brad storyline. I only know that.

Edited by yr9190

• Members

Do you know who is playing the photographer? I kind of wish they'd kept him and ditched Blade...

He looks a little like Rod Arrants but I know they weren't going to bring him back since he had been in a story with Ashley a few years earlier.

This doesn't involve the episode, but I was going to ask - who played Nathan when Randy Brooks left in mid-1994? Did the skunk guy take over immediately or did we not see him until that affair with Keesha?

• Members

I'm not sure who is playing the photographer, again i think it's weird that Blade was just beginning as a character, yet they had someone else fill in for him. Perhaps they were testing to see which character they liked better.

Lazarre-White (AKA Skunk Guy) started playing Nathan right after Brooks left in July 1994 i believe.

• Members

That is the woman who played in Daddy's Dyin! I'd know that voice anywhere.

I'd forgotten just how good the woman who played Molly was.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZRhz4ZvGJjU&feature=autoplay&list=ULe9B4capbVyQ&lf=mfu_in_order&playnext=1

I think Tylo was under contract at this time so it must have just been some quick writein. It's too bad, as I think this guy has a natural charisma. He kind of sounds like William Gray Espy.

• Members

Actually according to the cast credits on the February 5, 1992 episode i uploaded. Tylo's name appears after everyone else's so he was recurring back then. I always thought he was contract too when he started (Like Kimberlin who joined in May 1990, but didn't get a contract till December or so) I wonder if Ryan, Michael and Cole started as recurring too back then.

• Members

I didn't know that.

It does sound like just a quick write-in though. I can't see them having a random friend of Blade's pop up.

I didn't mean to overlook your comments about Ashley/Victor. I often felt like ED Ashley's standing up to Victor was just smoke and mirrors - ultimately she fell into line. I guess with Brenda there wasn't as much pretense.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iII_uh2x3jw&feature=mfu_in_order&list=UL

• Members

Don't worry about it, It was just something i always wondered with Ashley had Eileen still been playing her.

I'm sure it would've been great to see Eileen deal with teenage Heather Tom's Victoria, as she tried to ruin her and Victor's marriage. There isn't much video coverage of ED and HT, even though there is a scene where she slapped Victoria over Cole.

At the end of Part 7, It's interesting to see Naomi actually look like she is suspicious about why Molly is really behaving that way. I always assume her and Doris were written to just be the naive old women who think Sheila is the greatest human being ever. Especially since on the January 31 92 episode, Sheila has to tell them what she did with the babies, (although she told them that's what Molly thinks she did) and they still took Sheila's side.