DAYS: Jason47's Interview with Don Frabotta (Dave)

• Members

Check out this exclusive interview with Don Frabotta, who played Salem's most well-known maitre d' and waiter, Dave, from 1974-1993 and 2000-2004. Don discusses how he turned a one-day part into the longest-running non-contract role in "Days" history. He currently ranks 13th all-time in longest-tenure for any "Days" actor, having played Dave for over 20 years. He also discusses his favorite memories of many cast members, including Macdonald Carey, Frances Reid, John Clarke, Suzanne Rogers, Deidre Hall, Peter Reckell, Kristian Alfonso, Melissa Reeves and many others! Also, read about the time the "Days" cast was invited backstage at a play to meet Elizabeth Taylor. All that and much more at http://www.jason47.com

• Members

Thanks for doing that interview. There were a lot of nice stories. I'm glad he had a lot of happy years at the show and had such nice things to say. How interesting if he'd been made a DiMera. I wonder what that fan suggestion was.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Recent Posts

• The show had actual notices with Sprina, and Sydney Mikayla is deserving of her attention. The truth is, if I was a teen in Hollywood and on a soap, I would go recurring for college too.  Because the soap will always be there, especially if you are popular, so you might as well have your cake and eat it too.  But bigger opportunities may not be, and if those come along the story will be different.  So to me, this is a pragmatic decision, and only time and Pilot Season and fall casting for existing shows will tell if they are more serious about school and staying on GH or if they are willing to go for larger opportunities should they present.
    • Jill did declare herself as the matriarch of the Chancellor family in today's show! Please register in order to view this content 
    • HESTER SONDERGAARD RADIO UNKNOWN ROLES ARCH OBOLER'S PLAYS THE BIG STORY THE CAVALCADE OF AMERICA CLOAK AND DAGGER COLUMBIA PRESENTS CORWIN THE COLUMBIA WORKSHOP ETERNAL LIGHT THE FORD THEATER GREAT PLAYS MURDER BY EXPERTS THE MYSTERIOUS TRAVELER NEW WORLD A'COMIN PORTIA FACES LIFE THE RADIO CITY PLAYHOUSE THE ROAD OF LIFE STUDIO ONE THIS IS WAR 2000 PLUS WE LOVE AND LEARN WENDY WARREN AND THE NEWS WORDS AT WAR YOU ARE THERE movie JIGSAW      Mrs. Borg        1949   Sister of Gale Sondergaard. Able to do 11 accents perfectly.                 Please register in order to view this content WENDY DREW   RADIO EASY MONEY           Unknown Role YOUNG WIDDER BROWN        Ellen ___ Brown    1953-56 TELEVISION SCHOOL HOUSE    Unknown Role     1949 JIMMY HUGHES, ROOKIE COP      Jimmy's Sister    1953 ANNIE OAKLEY       Mary Farnsworth        1954 AS THE WORLD TURNS    Ellen Lowell Cole Stewart    1956-60
    • Anyone on this forum old enough to remember AW pre-Lemay Christmas day episodes?   If so, please tell us what you remember . . .
    • I am literally at that point right now in my edit binge.  I loved Maison Blanche then, and I still appreciate it now.  But I have to say, the changes that I remembered being in the Posession storyline actually begin here. I get Roman being distracted and angry.  But his stubborn refusal to recognize Marlena and John are in danger, and also that she would never call him to tell him they were having a wonderful time together.  It’s an early beat of someone has to be dramatically stupid to drag the plot out.  Jennifer also has to loose some of her brain for Peter’s antics to last as long as they do.  Although who wouldn’t be distracted by Peter Blake.   Also- the first hints of Father John, and Drake develops what I think of as his “John Black” persona while chained in that dungeon.  Gone are the charming smiles and somewhat Roman-esq personality.  He is now a man without a past and he is growly and serious about it.  I have to admit I find him incredibly hot with all this angst during Maison Blanche.  It is also noticeable how much everyone has started talking about God in a much more significant and meaningful way all of a sudden. The Gina/Hope reveals are are awesome as the first time.  There are two shocks from the 1990’s that I got to see before any soap mags spoiled me- one was the Hope reveal, and the other was clink/boom on GH.  My soap mag purchases were spotty back then, so both of these were genuine surprises. And Stefano never had a better scene partners than Celeste.  They are so much fun together and I loved her right away back then, now it makes me miss her so much.  She really hates Marlena right now. He certainly was attractive!
  • On Soap Opera Network

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy