OLTL: Valentini & Carlivati Ink New Deals

• Members

TV Guide

One Life to Live Gets a Jolt of Life With New Producer Deal

Maybe this will help put those pesky cancellation rumors to rest. TV Guide Magazine has exclusively learned from ABC that the network recently struck new deals with One Life to Live executive producer Frank Valentini and headwriter Ron Carlivati. Valentini, who yesterday celebrated his 25th anniversary with OLTL, has signed a two-year contract to remain with the show. Carlivati's contract is for three years. Unlike CBS and NBC, ABC actually owns its daytime dramas, so the concept of a show pick-up doesn't really apply here. Thus, this news is as close as it comes to ABC acknowledging its commitment to keep the show on the air. Next week, I'll bring you the first post-deal interview with Valentini and Carlivati, in which they discuss their new lease on Life and where they plan to take the show in the future. In the meantime, can we all just relax a little bit?

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Not surprised FV was renewed after I read Errol's post that OLTL is only ABC soap able to come under budget.

I AM surprised RC was renewed after all the rumors he lost all power after KISH was ousted and he'd be out of a job shortly after JP came onboard. Apparently, there was as much truth to those rumors as FL fired.

Archived