AMC: Walt Willey interview with SOW's Michael Karol

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Thanks for posting this!

This reminds me that SOD reported at the time that, even though it looked like the show was going with Jack/Carmen, there were plans to pair her with someone else who would be surprising. Obviously that got dropped, but I remember thinking it was probably Adam since Carmen had just moved into the Chandler mansion.

• Members

Remember when they tried to do Jack and Julia? Oh, that was dreadful. It showed how far Sydney Penny had fallen both in the network's estimation and in the audience's, as well as frankly in her looks. Julia was a teen on this show back when Jack was...almost exactly the same as he is now. So grody.

• Members

I loved Jack&ERica back when they had a Family but haven't they been done enough?

I'm not sure Susan Lucci can even pull off a romance storyline anymore?

She hasn't had a hit storyline that didn't involve her girls in 10 years plus?

IMO Erica's new story will end up like the jail/romance with Blackguy story!

As for Jack and see him being stuck with his Granddaughter's kidnapper!

• Members

This is why everytime they seem to "try" something new with Erica Jack is reduced to nothing and Walt Willey is almost fired. Its always a huge mistake to tie a character to just one single other character.... HUGE mistake.... but the fanbases these couples/characters seem to build up seem to give TPTB pause anytime they do try and integrate them more. The Jerica fans are essentially Jack/Walt fans from what I understand. How big are they? My guess is in the grand scheme of things very small, but they are vocal.... and that's all the idiots in charge have to go on.

I actually like Jack... I want to see him integrated, but I feel that boat has passed. It almost would be better for Walt and AMC to move on.

• Members

Exactly. This has always been one of my issues with not just Jack as a character, but with his fans. This one sighted notion that Jack has to be tied to Erica, and ONLY Erica has proven time and time again to be a determent to Walt as an actor and Jack as a character. J&E have proven over and over again, that as a couple they just can not work. Yet, AMC continues to try and then try crap like this new triangle because IMO it doesn't have real commitment to J&E.

IMO, this is going to take away any progress LB made with the characters.

• Members

They worked, "once upon a time," but once Jack refused to lie for Erica in her custody battle w/ Travis, I think that should have been "the end" for them. Hell, she broke up w/ Jeremy Hunter for good when she couldn't take anymore of Natalie (and he, of course, wouldn't board that stupid helicopter for her), and I thought their relationship had more "juice" than J&E!

• Members

^That's what my point is. Just because they worked once, doesn't mean that they can continue to work. I don't know why AMC continues to push this. And why the Walt fans continue to be so set on his having a story with Susan/Erica only. IMO, something is eternally broken in J&E, and no matter what they try with them, or who they throw into the mix with them...it's going to remain broken.

• Members

After seeing your photos I see why you hate Jerica . :rolleyes:

You can speculate all you want about why Jack is back but he

was essentially gone for almost a year and its SUSAN LUCCI that wanted him back and wants Jerica. She told anyone who would listen and Agnes joined up with her. You can speculate on fanbases and how big or small they are, but you don't actually know do you? I don't care what your issue is but don't take it out on other innocent fans who happen to like Erica with this man. They wouldn't have lasted all these years if someone wasn't in their corner. It's a soap and couples break up and make up. Saying "they just don't work" makes no sense for a soap couple. Now if they were real it would make sense.

BTW, Susan looks like she is doing a Jerica romance just fine to me. They are on fire these days , just like it was back in the good old days. :wub:

• Members

LOL, it's so easy to say I hate Jack/J&E because of David and D&E. But that dosen't explain why I've felt this way since 1996, long before Dr. Delicious hit the Valley of the Pines. ;)

Believe it or not, my opinion is shared, and it's not even something against Jack as a character. It's against the whole thing that is Jack and Erica when they're together. That relationship makes me dislike Erica, and that's hard to do.

We'll see I guess, but so far there's nothing there to make me think I'm going to be wrong about where this will all end up. It feels like the same ole, same ole.

Archived