Bravo's The Real Housewives of....

• Members

I agree that Sheree, Sanya and Marlo all needed to go, although I think Sheree will be back in some form S16. I also don't need to see Kim Z make a one-scene-a-season return with her red solo cup. Production team used to produce Don't Be Tardy and that's why she gets asked back when she needs some cash.

Drew removed RHOA from her social media handle, leading some to believe that she has moved on from RHOA.

I would love to see Claudia back, but only if she was living in ATL. The fact that she wasn't really living there the season she was on was apparent. The sad thing is she maintained friendships with some members of the cast, making her a natural fit.

Shamari didn't make so much of an impression on me her season. Eva more so but I found her an annoying presence her last season. Last year, though, I would have loved for her to return given the state of the show, but fellow posters here said she was n acting jobs and loving it, and that suited her better than reality TV.

The jury is still out on Phaedra. She won't be missed from M2M, that's for sure, but she did have to put in some work on The Traitors and I imagine that would be what Bravo is looking for if she were to come back to RHOA: Devious Phaedra. Sharp Phaedra.

Nene -- a girl can dream. 

Please register in order to view this content

Casting will have to work really hard to find newbies that fit with the group, have meaningful ties, and didn't just appear out of nowhere from under a rock.

• Replies 39.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Cheap21

• NothinButAttitude

• Cat

• Taoboi

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

If they are striving to keep from rebooting RHOA altogether, I see them keeping Sheree since she's a familiar face that isn't too polarizing (Marlo), boring (Sanya, Drew), or expensive (she needs this as much as they need her). 

I wouldn't mind seeing Eva back. 

Porsha, Kenya, Sheree, Eva, Phaedra (maybe), hmm... does Cynthia Bailey still have a home in the ATL? 

Edited by Gray Bunny

• Members

I dont think Cynthia wants to be fulltime. She's been booked and busy since she left the show and has been doing a bit of acting. She spends alot of time in LA so I think at best, she'd only be a friend so she can have the freedom to move around

• Members

RHOBH

Second-to-last episode, and that was a trudge to get through. It's hard to pin down what characterised this season. We've had the Russell season, the Brandi turned on LVP season, the Bring Down Denise season. This.... has been the Esophagus season?

The last few seasons have followed a similar pattern, with the women sometimes reserving their bitchiness and venom for the After Show. That's not good. If there's a beef or resentment, it should be on the show itself.

Sutton dating -- don't care. I found it way more interesting her talking about her husband, who is now worldwide head of one of the world's biggest asset managers (PIMCO) and moving to London. Would like to see Christian on the show one time but LOL that would never happen. 

It's so weird to me that Sutton seems to care for Kyle, and Kyle somewhat for Sutton, but on the After Show and elsewhere, Kyle is being so mean and bitchy about her. What happened? 

Erika nurses grudges and remembers every conversation from years ago right down to the correct turn of phrase. Tom taught her well. Erika is keeping a lot in the vault which she may one day use against some of these women. I'm not sure what apology she's looking for. Your husband embezzled funds for your music career, Erika. That's still a fact.

Annemarie made sure to strap on her scrubs, stethoscope and hairnet for a Facetime with the husband so that we know she's a medical practitioner. 

In the preview for next week, did anyone notice Kyle motioning at Mo to wipe something from his nose...?

Edited by Cat

• Members

I wouldnt say so as the esophagus plot only lasted like 3-4 episodes. It really blew up into something off the show but its not something that they dragged throughout the entire season. If anything this season is more defined by the breakdown of Kyle's marriage. Its been a throughline since the first episode

• Members

Yes, Kyle's marriage has been the A plotline this season, even if the story itself hasn't moved much beyond the first episode of the season (although next week's finale might change all that). Against my will, I've found it the most watchable thread of the season, maybe because weve been watching Kyle so long and rwmember all the times she vaunted her perfect marriage. Even though I dislike her and think she's narcissistic, it's been interesting to watch her try and express wanting change in her life.

I called it the Esophagus season because I was trying to be snarky, lol.

Edited by Cat

• Members

Kyle's marriage issues is supposed to be the A story... but I've been more interested in Sutton's activities then I've been in Kyle's A story... and I think that's the root cause of Kyle being such a bitch to Sutton.  Pure jealousy.

Kyle is the Robyn Dixon of RHOBH and she should be happy to be a supporting player.

• Members

I do wonder if she thought there would be more interest in her love life, especially the tease about being into women. It seemed like the main reaction was apathy or calling out a stunt. Kyle was probably a decade or so late to the trend (maybe longer).

• Members

This season of BH doesn't have a storyline. Kyle tried to save it by faking drama with her husband, but is not working. Complete fail. I've never been more bored by BH ever. EVER. They always delivered so far, even if not at the level of the first 5 season.

• Members

Kyle's "story" hasn't even been a story. There have been intriguing moments where she appears to get vulnerable about the distance between her and Mo, but that basically amounted to, what, 4 tense conversations? Nothing was spoken aloud, nothing was concrete, and they never went any deeper than the surface as far as showing something there. I thought there was going to be WAY more Morgan content, too. It amounted to Kyle giggling with her about 3 times all season long and hinting at one lunch with the ladies that she could maybe kinda be bi-curious?

• Members

Amen. People here have this strange opinion that this season has been amazing... while you can clearly see the consensus online is that this season has been a Snooze-fest. There was even a reddit post that had hundreds of likes and comments that was stating just that - HOW BORING THIS SEASON IS.

Someone said they liked how light and how friendly everyone seemed this season... BUT no... I really don't need to see empty episodes of people giggling together or telling each other how great the food is. I don't find this interesting or amusing. I don't watch Housewives to watch FRIENDSHIPS... because these are not real friendships. I come for DRAMA and for interesting dialogue and confrontations. This season lacked ALL of that. I don't know how Andy allowed this to continue... this BORING narrative. Kyle tried to create fake drama and it's the suspense that something may happen like a break-up with her and Mauricio... that keeps people watching.

They will probably drag this suspense into next season and as soon as the show starts having a proper storyline, Kyle and Mauricio will REUNITE. Fake crying... all the way. 

• Members

There have been two moments (once when we met Morgan Wade for the first time, another was the tense-off between Mo & Kyle's in the car) where I felt the chemistry, or lack thereof, was real. I went into this season thinking this was a fake SL for the purposes of the show. But I've been second-guessing myself since that first (contrived) scene between Mo's blinding, egregious chompers and his Lovebean.

Part of it may be that Kyle seems so turned off by Mauricio, and I'm not sure i blame her because he is giving me the ick big-time. But a lot of it is the 'mystery' of piecing together the few nuggets being dropped here and there. What is behind this rift? Did Mo cheat? Did Kyle? Was it Lorene's passing which drove a wedge?  Is it Mo's incessant partying and possible drug use (the latter is my theory) ?

But as you say, nothing is concretely expressed, everything is implied, including Kyle making heart-eyes at Morgan as she sings...Some of this smacks of legal ass-covering, in case Kyle is put on the spot and says "Well, I never said Morgan and I are anything more than friends!"

I've been watching the infamous S10 of RHOBH, and it is a study in contrasts, not least how far The Coven went out of their way to build a picture of hearsay/'evidence' against Denise in order to take her down (Rinna's transition from friend to ghoul who sold her soul to the show is especially chilling). This season is so different because there is simply no gossip or anecdotal evidence to grasp onto.

A thought crossed my mind: suppose the much-trailed scene of Kyle & Mo talking to their kids... ends up being the two of them reaffirming their love and commitment to one another? And in the WWHL show which follows (featuring Kyle and Kiki Barth FYI), Kyle and Andy are all "Surprise, b!tches! We're back together." I think there would be an outcry from the audience that we had been duped.

Full disclosure: the person who said that was probably me. I've been relieved to watch this season free of Rinna. The last few seasons have become so toxic and hateful because of her, I felt she hit a new low with the attacks on Garcelle that she appeared to orchestrate.... I was glad that she finally left.

With the way this season went, I wondered if we were building towards something (BH can be a slow burn)... and then we had a lacklustre trip to Catalonia...and now it's the finale and I'm thinking "That's it? Oh, OK." 

I liked the lightness and friendliness, it was a blessing in disguise for Erika, that's for sure. I don't want Rinna back. Nevertheless, it's time to rethink some casting choices next season -- not a big reboot, but let's get the mix right. The last few newbies or FOHs (Diana, Annemarie) have been flops. Also BH is full of unfinished drama -- LVP, Brandi, Kathy, Kim, Rinna (gulp) could all come back. As could my lovely Eileen Davidson, lol. Kyle, unfortunately for some of us, remains the centre of this spider's web holding it together. That hurt to write, but we can't ignore that the show is intrinsically tied to her in almost every way.

Edited by Cat

• Members

Part of the problem on all these shows are the forced group gatherings.  No need for Vegas or California mini trips..imho.

Instead they could have shown more scenes of Kyle with Morgan & Mo, more scenes of Flopmarie with her family/job, Crystal with her life, etc.

The stories that were brewing (Kyle's marriage, Garcelle and her sons, Sutton moving on from her marriage at last, Flormarie's introduction, and Dorit's odd marriage dynamics) could have been shown with more scenes.

• Members

They could have shown Kyle with her new BFF Morgan and the implications for her friendship with Dorit, which seems to be a little on the outs right now. Then we have Erika who, without Rinna, has allied herself closer to Kyle recently (despite her not being a big fan of Kathy's). It also raises a wider question of why does Kyle cycle through a squad of BFFs, and why are these BFFs rarely friends with each other? 

However, the show has tiptoed away from all that, saving it as an underlying current on the After Show or an impromptu Kyle interview on a red carpet somewhere.

The mini cast trips are usually scheduled in episode 2 or 3 of the season, in the hopes that they lay down the foundations for a season's dramas or petty rivalries. Sometimes they can generate more drama than the cast trip itself, but I agree that in this case Vegas did little but establish Sutton as a somewhat disingenuous prude.

• Members

Porsha is caught up in some MESS! Simon's a scammer and has been deported multiple times. I bet their money is funny and where there is smoke, there's fire. The Guobadias are in for a major downfall.

https://hollywoodunlocked.com/simon-guobadia-husband-rhoa-star-porsha-williams-denied-u-s-citizenship-criminal-past-felonies-bank-fraud-credit-card-fraud-identity-fraud/

Looks like we have her storyline for the upcoming season and this comes days after she signs the dotted line so there's no backing out

Please register in order to view this content

Falynn being shady. Apparently she going live tonight to discuss some things

"Young Scammer" LOL

Edited by Cheap21