Bravo's The Real Housewives of....

• Members

BEST RETURN: Mary Cosby, SLC :  Even though Mary shot very few scenes, she provided a lot in those few scenes. She and Monica carried SLC this year.

WORST RETURNDenise Richards, BH. Even though she was a guest star, Denise fumbled HARD in her return. 

BEST FRIEND OF: Adriana DeMoura and Kiki Barth, Miami.  Two women who truly deserve to have a mojito in future seasons but are totally fine as friends (for now). Adriana stirs the pot like no other and provides ample drama. Meanwhile, Kiki is naturally hilarious. 

BEST EXIT (Tie): Lisa Rinna, BH: Never have I been glad to see someone's backside. I hope she never darkens the doorstep of this show again. Goodbye and good riddence. 

BEST NEWCOMER: Monica, SLC. Monica is saving this show. She is the force multiplier that this show needed. Her personal life is a mess. Her relationships with the women is a mess. How Bravo just stumbled upon her is boggling. Monica should've been cast back in season 2 when they cast Jennie Nguyen instead. 

WORST NEWCOMER: Nneka Ihim, Potomac. I just find her beef with Wendy to be xenophobic and downright dangerous. People get killed for allegedly practicing voodoo or witchcraft in many African nations. I just don't think this is cute at all. 

MOST CRINGEWORTHY MOMENT: Denise v. Erika, BH.  Never have I ever seen someone fumble so hard in my life. Denise has the right to be mad at Erika as Erika did turn on her for Rinna; however, Denise being drunk and not being able to string a  coherent thought together was hard to watch. And then she had a second shot to decimate Erika and flopped again. It was like watching Lucy pull the football from Charlie Brown repeatedly. And it didn't help that Erika TKO'd her with the OnlyFans line about her daughter. Denise needs to just give it up. Thank you for your services. 

BEST FEUD: Sutton v. Kyle, BH.  I love that Sutton is making Kyle work for that center diamond. You wanna be the HBIC? Guess what. You gotta work for it this year. This is the first time that Kyle has been held accountable for mishaps going on in her own life instead of piggybacking off of others (LVP, Kim, Kathy). 

WORST FEUD: Tre/Jen v. Marge/MeHo, NJ. It is just toxic at this point and it is neverending. 

BEST ALLIANCE: Kandi & Kenya, ATL. I love the sisterhood that these two have created over the years. And like any good sisterhood, they have occurrences where they will call each other out but let it go. I enjoyed Kenya standing firm when Marlo tried spewing that heinous lie about her nephew's death and Kandi being tied to it. 

WORST ALLIANCES: The Green Eyed Bitches, Potomac. I agree with this one. I think that Robyn needs to go after this season. Or at least be demoted. Those two hold Potomac hostage. 

BEST QUEEN OF THEIR CITY: Karen Huger, Potomac. Karen has been a joy this season. A true guiding light in yet another toxic season. When the women drag the show into darkness, Karen finds a way to pull the cast back into the light. 

BEST QUEEN OF THE FORMER OG’s: Lisa Vanderpump, BH. You gotta queen if you are still being brought up on your old shows long after you left on your own free will. Her presence is still felt on her former show. 

BEST SHOW: Real Housewives of Miami. Y'all are truly sleeping on this show. Miami is effortlessly good. This is the one show that I don't get annoyed with personal stories as the personal stories are just as good as the group dynamics. We have Guerdy's cancer, which is bringing drama amongst the group with Larsa disgustingly sharing Guerdy's diagnosis without her consent. Lisa's tumultuous pending divorce with Lenny provides constant content. Now the women are starting to grow tired of her talking about him--to the point the cast is divided on their stance. Then we have the OGs at odd: Marysol & Alexia v. Adriana. The show feels like old-school Housewives. The women argue and have grudges but they put them aside when one of them is in peril. Miami has been that girl for three years straight. If you are not watching, I strongly suggest you change your mind. This is a reboot done right. I just wish Bravo either puts energy into the show or give it back to Peacock where it thrived.

MOST IMPROVED SHOW: Real Housewives of Orange County. OC was good again. The women were engaged and this was the first season in a long time where I grew to like Heather again. Jenn was a strong newbie casting choice. I love that she went toe to toe with Tamra for the most part. My only gripe is that Tamrat is gonna have to stop pulling the antics she did years ago. The show has evolved. Either get with the program or leave again. 

MOST TOXIC SHOW: Real Housewives of Potomac & New JerseyWith Potomac, I'd probably fire everyone but Karen at this point. The GEBs (with Ashley & Mia) hold the show and any growth hostage. But on the other side, Candiace and Wendy don't know how to play the game well at all. With NJ, the most toxic show of all, I waffle between a total reboot a la current NY or a slight reboot a la Miami. If we go the slight route, the only women deserving to stay are Tre, Jen, and Jackie. Why? Those women are the only women who consistently share true personal stories. The rest of the cast are famewhores. The Gorgas are leeches. Marge is a cancer. The Fudas wanna be the Gorgas 2.0. And hearing that Danielle this upcoming season is going to be pulling stunts like Tre back in season 2... yeah... she can go too.  

MOST DISAPPOINTING SHOW: Real Housewives of Atlanta I agree here. Atlanta is the crown jewel and should be the one show that should always set the bar. The problem with Atlanta is they simply need a new production team. Sad part is that the same production team is why Potomac is in the dumps too. The cast is OK. I don't care for MarHeaux, HeShe, or Snoreya that much but they provide every blue moon. The cast just need minor tweaks at the most. I'd be fine with the current six; however, they'll need to add 1-2 more main housewives to the mix. Either bring back Nene and Porsha, or find two, young, dynamic women to breathe new energy into the show like Kenya and Porsha did back in season 5. But I have hope for Atlanta. Atlanta is in a rut for now, but I feel like they are going to bounce back like no other. 

Edited by NothinButAttitude

• Replies 39k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Cheap21

• NothinButAttitude

• Cat

• Taoboi

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I know I went overboard on the "Worst Trends," but man, after seeing the most recent photos of some of the New Jersey women, I have to add: Ozempic. Which also reminds me of how stupid Jenn Fessler was to only eat garbage food while taking it and then be surprised to have a bowel obstruction. I see a future Netflix series about the rise, fall, and dangers of this drug a few years from now. 

• Members

I am legitimately worried this year about a number of our RHs. Ozempic is meant to be heart-healthy and has big ramifications when it comes to potentially handling a range of addictions. But some of these reality stars are popping this like gummie bears. It's an instafix that seems to require no effort of healthy eating and exercise. I believe Jenn Fessler said she didn't just have a bowel obstruction, she had some kind of bowel implosion.

• Members

It will probably be an unpopular opinion, but I feel Kyle's drama with Mauricio is fake. I think she has plotted to act this whole storyline to keep the interest up, since she has been getting dusty for a while and her housewives presence has become stale. Even in the first episode she is acting like... acting. It's like she is doing everything on purpose to give this vibe that something is wrong. I am sure that if there WAS something wrong WE would never see it... Kyle is so fake and she will never act this way on camera if this is real. My whole being screams FAKE every episode. I can't wait for the happy ending and her crying telling us that you should never stop working on your marriage. 

Edited by OpportunisticSlut

• Members

Just want to say I get such a kick out of reading everybody's Best & Worst! This is my favorite time of year on this thread, and I'm so happy @Gray Bunny that you decided to sound the starter pistol and set the award criteria. Drawing inspiration from a vintage 1996 issue of SOD -- chef's kiss. If you're going to borrow, borrow from the best!

Last year I tried to make a go of the Best & Worst and, on balance, I was more pessimistic than optimistic about the Real Housewives. This year, though, I have become more optimistic. The shows are not uniformly perfect, but I appreciate that Bravo has attempted to listen to viewer feedback, reinvest and reinvigorate some of the franchises. 

BEST & WORST REAL HOUSEWIVES 2023

BEST RETURN: Tamra, RHOC

MOST REINVIGORATED SHOWRHOC.

MOST IMPROVED HOUSEWIFE: Emily, RHOC.

BEST NEWCOMER (1): Jenn, RHOC.

There is always a concern with Tamra that too much of a good thing will curdle into toxic cruelty. However, production carefully restored a lost sense of down-home-iness to RHOC, which is largely about a community of conservative Midwesterners determined to live the California Dream -- at any cost.

Tamra's presence woke up the other women's A game. The change in Emily from one season to the next has been extraordinary. Heather Dubrow has proved what an invaluable member she is as the snooty, sophisticated outcast. Jenn Pedranti harks back to RHOC's first decade and fits right in with this motley crew. Finally, we have Shannon who is going to have a renaissance next season. And by renaissance, I mean a complete meltdown. In the words of Kelly Killoren Bensimon, it's not a breakdown, it's a breakTHROUGH.

WORST RETURNKelly Killoren Bensimon, OG RHONY UGT and Denise Richards, RHOBH.

Sometimes you can't come back. Let's be honest about Kelly -- the turn-off wasn't that she was crazy, the turn-off was that she was mean, judgmental and deluded. And still is. 

As for Denise. Girl....

Please register in order to view this content

But you boozed it up, threw Xanax into that moonshine, and consequently were no match for the Ice-Valkyrie Erika and her quip-writer, Mikey. Even Dorinda forwent vodka when she knew she was going to give Sonja a tongue-lashing.

BEST FRIENDS OF: Adriana, Kiki and Marysol, RHOMiami.

By rights, these three should be in the opening credits holding mojitos. They are as important to the show as the main cast -- the way they interact with them is the motor engine of this frankly excellent show. I may not love Marysol, but she is RHOMiami Legacy. Her possessive friendship with Alexia excludes the others and drives them nuts. Kiki is a sexy, stylish joke machine. And Adriana is the anti-heroine who cannot stop running her mouth. I cannot help but root for her.

MOST WELCOME EXITSLisa Rinna, RHOBH and Jen Shah, RHOSLC. 

Is anybody unexpectedly enjoying RHOBH this year? I am. One reason is because a certain somebody is no longer selling her soul on national television and going to increasingly dark, toxic lengths to take down her cast-mates.

As for Jen Shah -- never saw the hype with that fraudster. SLC has vastly improved since she departed.

BEST NEWCOMER (2): Monica, RHOSLC. 

Monica harks back to those grifting anti-heroines who used to show up at Uncle Mack and Aunt Karen's house on Knots Landing and turn everyone's world chaotically upside down. She slept with her brother-in-law and dobbed Jen Shah to the Feds. Now she has wormed her way into the fractured frenemy circle Jen Shah left behind. What could possibly go wrong?

BEST TREND: Soft reboots of franchises in trouble.

RHOMiami. OG RHONY UGT. NuRHONY. This year, Bravo hedged its bets, bringing in new blood but also retaining the old guard just in case. I am one of the few that enjoyed NuRHONY, and I'd love it if Sonja's suggestion of an OG + NuRHONY mix on UGT would actually occur (I need Brynn and Sonja to meet).

But OG RHONY UGT (thank god my crazy aunties are back!) is currently the comedy gift that keeps on giving. I had to rewind the shot of Sonja's pixellated behind leaping on the inflatable swan just so I could re-witness Kristen's squeal of shock.

WORST TREND: Sh!t happening off-camera/pre-scripted by production.

Potomac has been the worst offender this year. The production team for both Potomac and Atlanta (and they are the same company -- Truly Original) needs to be fired for the way they are mishandling both shows. Potomac has become way too toxic as production protects its fave Gizelle at all costs. Meanwhile, Atlanta is a limp, forgotten afterthought. Production isn't even trying down there.

MOST CRINGEWORTHY MOMENT:

I was going to say any scene featuring Kyle & Mauricio's New Chompers ("Lovebean!") , but you guys, I had forgotten about Drew serenading Ralph with her Brand New & Exclusive break-up single on RHOA! Thank you for reminding me. I watched that whole segment through my fingers. Boy, did that reunion save a lousy season.

BEST FEUD (1)"Name 'Em. Name 'Em!" RHOBH.

BEST FEUD (2)Adriana vs Alexia, Larsa vs Nicole, RHOMiami.

WORST FEUDTeresa vs Melissa, Marge vs Jennifuh, RHONJ.

Although anytime Whitney, RHOSLC starts sidling up to Meredith, Heather or Mary Crosby, I get the cold sweats. I do not want to watch whatever fake feud Little Girl is trying to finagle.

WORST ALLIANCEGizelle-Robyn-Ashley-Charrisse, RHOP.

I'm sick of the Budget Coven. They just throw the nastiest lies at other people in order to deflect from their worst proclivities. And they need to stop trying to make Fetch happen with Charrisse, bless her.

FAVORITE HOUSEWIFE:

Karen Huger, RHOP, who never fails to delight me with her quickfire shade and humor. I will also never forget, a few seasons back when Wendy got the new boobs and Gizelle shaded her for it, Karen held her hand and told her to never hide her light under a bushel in order to make Gizelle Bryant feel better about herself! 

BEST SHOW: @NothinButAttitude said it best: RHOMiami.

It is literally THEE best RH franchise right now, and I am lowkey devastated by its ratings. I need it back on Peacock so that my fellow international viewers can give it ratings love again. It is literally so perfect. Picture a sun-saturated adult playground -- the cocaine capital of the world. Fill it with wealthy businessmen, plastic surgeons and grifters. Throw in some good-time girls looking for rich hubbies. Think you are going to get Scarface?

Think again! What you get is a surprisingly warm, funny and real friendship circle of women trying to navigate divorce and other challenges amid glossy wealth and luxury. Some of these good-time girls actually have good hearts, too. and when the chips are down, they are there for each other. Other times they go off the deep end (like Alexia did last season when the hype got to her head) and are forced to rebuild bridges. Miami the city is like the ninth Housewife (yes, I said 9th), an additional character in much the same way NYC was for RHONY and SATC.

MOST TOXIC SHOW: RHONJ.

I can't believe they brought back THE ENTIRE CAST. How do the Gorgas keep escaping the chop? And isn't Marge becoming some kind of Lisa Rinnaesque legal liability?

MOST DISAPPOINTING SHOW: RHOA.

RHOA needs a soft reboot. It needs interesting new blood. AND it needs some fan favorites back. Nene. Porsha. Cynthia. Yes, I said Nene! Basically, it needs the love, care and attention that RHOC got this season, from a production team that knows and adores RHOA.

Edited by Cat

• Members

Yaaasss, @Cat! I knew we'd see eye to eye when it came to Miami. 

We truly need some of y'all on here to start watching Miami. It is the one show in the entire franchise that possesses heart at its core. I think even though the women might not like each other at times, they know what is at stake (a cancellation notice). They've been there and don't want to experience it again. 

But yes, put the show back on Peacock. It was Peacock's most watched show, and they took good care of Miami. 

• Members

I understand why Miami hasn't gotten the same-day live ratings -- honestly, the last two months, we've had a surplus of top-tier RH shows (and UGT, and M2M), many of which have hit their groove all at the same time. I'm not sure why Bravo shoved them all into Q4 -- are we rushing to get to RHONJ or something? -- but underpromoted Miami got lost in the shuffle. In the run-up to Christmas, we are all super busy and exhausted!

I would have put Miami on a different day from BH and at 8pm, or kept both it and Potomac back for Q1 2024. I also think most Miami fans are watching on Peacock/streaming.

After a slow start, SLC has done really well. Jen Shah who? And gotta give credit where it's due: a lot of that is because of lightening-rod Monica.

Edited by Cat

• Members

@Soaplovers, you'd love watching Larsa on Miami for the simple fact that she has been getting rightfully dragged by the women this year. That alone should get you to watch. 

@Antoyne, SLC is good this year because as @Cat pointed out--Monica. Monica is filling the void Jen left and Mary coming back has helped too; however, I feel like SLC will end up in a slump next season because the women have banned together and are trying to ice Monica out for future seasons. I keep saying Bravo needs to implement a policy where anyone who tries to do this gets fined the first time and fired the next time. 

• Members

RHOM

And we know I'M watching. Happy joy for me in spite of work and Bravo trying to sabotage it like they are RHOA/RHOP's Production team. If anything I'm shocked we haven't heard from @Chris B who loves RHOM as well. 

And I've done with Episode 7...the first part of the cast trip and...

God, I stay loving this show. So I can't see why no one has been watching live...unless they are busy like me. lol. One of the best things I love about RHOM has been its telenovela vibe. There was so many people. And there's so much going on. And in true HW form, there are events going on that are interesting. But their individual stories are also good. I was not bored at all about Julia and the opera singing. And seeing it all come together...and the cleverness of the fact that all the time Martina was doing cancer and thinking Julia was ignoring her when Julia was just planning a surprise for her because she knew her love would beat it...that was adorable. And then the event itself...the women and their fashion was GIVING. 

Another thing the women give? DRAMA. Collectively AND individually. I couldn't believe it, but Julia vs Marysol has legs. And given what's coming...could this Adriana takedown season slowly be turning into a Marysol takedown season? Cuz Julia started with her at the start of the season...and now she's coming for her at the dinner the first night of Palm Beach. And she's not alone. Adriana. Alexia...of all people? Then there's Larsa vs Guerdy. Larsa has been dragged and rightfully so and deserves every bit of shade that Guerdy has thrown at her. And that does not even begin to touch on the beginning of Lisa vs Kiki.

That does bring me back to what I said above...they ALL have stories and they are not boring. We continue to get fallout from Lisa and Lenny cuz...you used the car he put a TRACKING DEVICE ON??? REALLY, GIRL?? lol. There's definitely something brewing with Alexia like there always is. I mentioned Julia and the opera singing. And of course, there's Guerdy and her dealing with cancer.

So...how are things standing as I'm two episodes away from catching up...

ALEXIA. Now, Alexia, hunni, what is THIS??? I was right there with Guerdy when she asked what was up with Alexia throwing Marysol under the bus. I guess she's really going in on that apology tour she's been on. Still I was in shock. 

LARSA. Just...NO. For any good moment she had...like showing off and supporting her man, she does something stupid. She tried to turn Guerdy's cancer into a 'all about her' thing...and even worse...tried the 'is it real?' game. That was foul. Guerdy read her a$$ and I was here for every moment. Though 'couldn't find a GPS if it hit on your a$$' did take me all the way out. And Production was there every moment for the rollback. That was chef's kiss. 

GUERDY. I felt she has handled the Larsa mess so well so far. I was definitely beside myself so far with her going to the basketball event or anything and everyone around her already KNEW she had cancer. The definition of awkward. In any case, she gave Larsa all the clues she needed and then she properly read her. I also like how much strength she has been showing in light of her cancer diagnosis. She is still going to events. She has a new perspective that she's been showing off, too. 

JULIA. Speaking of new perspective...WOW. Like I've been saying...GET YOUR RHOA S7 50CYNT ON, GIRL!!! lol. I didn't even realize how important Julia has been until this first dinner party at Palm Beach. I haven't noticed that Marysol vs Julia has been on simmer since the first couple of episodes. Why? Because she had so much going on BESIDES that. Dealing with Martina. Setting up her opera surprise for Martina. The fact there are now cracks in her friendship with Adriana because of her being befriended by Alexia. Not to mention being a good friend to Guerdy as well. So different from her first season. Some called her boring. I found her refreshing. But she has been a dog without a bone on Marysol...and I'm loving it. It's giving 'that friend who does not forgive the guy that hurt your best friend even when your friend does' and I'm here for it. Moreso because they seem evenly matched. I hollered when Marysol knew who Julia's source was. 

LISA. Smh. I just...a mess!!! I did not expect all this mess about her talking about Lenny too much. And while I liked Kiki's tough love on it, I was bothered that Lisa did not see it that way...then her scene at the scene smelling...resonated. As someone who has been coming out of a situation now...funnily enough it really started NYE LAST YEAR...I can see how hard it is to get over someone. At least she has someone. But she needs to SEE that. In time. Until then, I'm here for the petty feud.

NICOLE. Loved her in the car with Adriana and Kiki when they were dancing/singing to FI-YA. That was soooo relatable. But so was the whole car ride to Palm Beach. lol.

MARYSOL. Are we getting a takedown season? Color me shocked cuz I thought it was supposed to be an Adriana takedown season? hehe.

ADRIANA. QUEEN.