AMC: DC is really out and AMC next soap to go

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Is there any sort of real current "scoop" beyond my uncle's sister's brother's hairdresser knowing OLTL the best off money wise? It was something thrown out there a couple of years ago, and has stuck, despite what is actually the truth.

I do love a good wives tale.

• Members

I was asking, that's what I've heard on this board several times that OLTL was clearly under budget. And IIRC wasn't there some convo between him and Kim Zimmer coming back from the Emmy's or something where she said "Which one is going next, AMC or OLTL? and he replied with something like "OLTL is in better shape financially and creatively."

• Members

Frankie V said that about a year ago, now, I believe. We do know that JHC was not producing her show very well--ie havign to resort to the dance marathon two weeks or whatever to save on set use. I still say it's ridiculus to look at the current LA state and act like this is howthe show will cost from now on--ABC knows and has factored in that when a show moves for the first few months the costs will be UP till things settle down.

I thought it was Branco who said that re the Emmys. I really wouldn't trust anything he has to say especially since he's never liked AMC and OLTL is his show.

Archived