AMC: DC is really out and AMC next soap to go

• Members

The first part, I just don't agree with. I know I'm in the minority on that one, but I don't think Frons' moved AMC to save it over OLTL. I think moving AMC to LA is his way of thinking he is saving the show, and moving OLTL into an ABC owned studio and out of a rented one was just a wise financial decision. If they wanted to ax OLTL, they could have kept them where they were until cancelation and rented out the space formally occupied by AMC that they own.

Everything else you said, I completely agree with. I'm anxious to see the demos because if AMC can increase in demos in the upcoming months and remain consistent throughout sweeps, it would give them the guarantee of money coming in for a foreseeable amount of time to help the show's budget problems and relax advertising issues.

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Thanks for posting that, Jonathan. I just read it. You made a good point because if AMC is eligible for the tax credit, it is a major benefit, but at the same time, it may come with a reverse effect.

• Members

Each actor did have to pay to relocate, but, from what I was told vets like DC did not (and I'm assuming the same was applied for LaLucci). He has wanted out for quite some time and ABC would not let him out of his contract prior to the move and they are covering all of his expenses. But once he is able to leave, he will be returning to the east coast.

And I totally agree with you, Zendall Fan, AMC does need Lucci. She is the face of AMC.

I've heard a few things about their new studio, not being totally ready yet... has anyone heard anything about that?

BTW: has any actor from AMC given any interviews about being in LA or about the new studio or life on the set yet? I haven't seen or heard of any interviews and I find that rather interesting...

• Members

I meant show the inside of the studio during filming, not inside of the set, sorry about that. Like when GH got the new hospital set, they did a tour of it so I would expect them to do a tour of their new high-tech studio.

• Members

Because ABC is wanting to focus all their major tv production work in LA, they already have the studio space there, etc. I know they were offered some interior states but those don't make a lot of practical sense--there's far less space for tv production there, the ABC studios there prob don't have much room anyway, and there's a far smaller acting pool to draw from. I don't see why that option would make more sense?

• Members

I know I'm starting to get a reputation on here for being a Polyanna with AMC--but I just find much of this conjecture borderline ridiculous. It's becoming less and less absed on rumours that don't even have partial quotes in the media to back things up--it sounds liek the same friends of a friend who said AMC and OLTL were fusing together in 2004, etc. Even to say that AMC sealed its fate when it hired McTavish in 1997 (as wonderful as Broderick's tenure was, ratings began falling under her in '96--in fact ratings briefly climbed a bit under McTavish's awful reign) just is... kinda ridiculous. There have been a number of great periods (shortlived, I admit) since then and it certainly hasn't been as awful as much of GL, ATWT and, yes, my much loved OLTL have been since '96 (OLTL was mired in awfulness for much ofthe past 15 years from when Griffith left Malone in '96 on)

Just sayin' :P

• Members

What makes you think the things I mentioned didn't come from someone connected in the media or someone well established within the network who just cannot come forward at this time and say it themselves...

Just saying ;)

But as always... everyone is entitled to take what they read and register it as they wish.

Archived