PJ is going to freak!! ATWT previews for next week!!

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

The Jack/Janet split is no one's fault but Janet's. If she was really worried about Jack and wanted to save her marriage, she would've tracked him down like Carly did. It would've been a harder search, since she's not friends with Ben (who called Carly when Jack was in Philly, and gave her Mike's address when Jack went to Greenville). Hell, she probably doesn't even know who Ben is!!

I am just wondering why Jack has to move out of his own aunt's house?? How can Janet "kick him out" when HE is the one whose family owns the house and HE is the one who invited her and Liberty to move in there with him???????..... *eyeroll*

• Members

I'm pretty sure Jack would move out to spare Libby chaos. He still feels guilty about shooting Brad. And besides, where's Jan gonna move? Jack's unemployed, her tips from the diner aren't going to pay for anything decent. Then she'd end up whining all around town, making Jack feel worse.

'Sides---Jack's going to be fine where he lands. :D

And I agree, edgeofnik---it's nice to see Carly being Jack's rock. Unlike the O)(^*&^*( he married.

• Members

I actually liked Janet and Jack. I think Knots Landing is the gold standard for breaking up a supercouple. Gary and Val were as star crossed as it gets and broke up in season four, reuniting in season 12! On a soap I think fans would go crazy if such a popular couple were broken up for so long. What made it work is that each was given true love interests that the audience could enjoy and even root for. Nowadays when popular couples are broken up it's usually for a thankless interloper than the audience knows is short term. By putting Jack with Janet, I felt like Knots Landing, they created another really strong couple so it didn't seem like a temporary problem for Carjack to overcome. I could've seen Jack moving on with Janet. It makes the Carjack reunion even more interesting IMO. I'm really happy with this after hating Jack's treatment of Carly for so long.

• Members

Victor and Nikki is another good example of a couple that was broken up the right way. Both were given several successful love interests and other storylines that helped the story, but I definitely think they are the exception and not the rule. They also had Bill Bell.

• Members

I will disagree in this regard---I don't think either Jack/Janet or Carly/Craig were "strong" couples. TIIC have gone out of their way to make sure none of Carly's subsequent relationships are healthy or even truly on equal ground. Carly gets a man who outrageously flatters her, but ultimately wants to mold her into his "perfect" mate. Simon wanted an adventuress, Craig wanted a business mogul, and Holden--well, we know what Holden wanted.

And I think Jack's relationships are so completely fake (from the beginning---c'mon--it started as a ONS), it's not funny. But I do understand that's MO.

I'd comment on KL, but honestly, I thought Val and Gary were the worst couple on that show. Keeping them apart was the only way to make them interesting.

Archived