Agnes Nixon's Website

• Members

I guess because I've been offline for two months, I just found Agnes Nixon's new website which looks to have the potential to be AMAZING.

Does anyone know wherethe "lost" old episodes of AMC on it came from? I've enver seen them before and I thought I knew all the vintage episodes saved only in B&W--how wonderful! One problem I have is the articles, when I open them up I have no way of making them big enough to clearly read--there are some great looking pieces there too...

(My computer also doesn't seem to want to play her replies to the blog posts :( Anyone have any tips?)

I love how already people have sent in HUGE comments to her blog that are out of her hands--like a massive rantabotu why Dixie must return to the show, or links to fan writing so they mightbe hired as head writers. Poor Agnes ;)

Also,the video viewer works for me but, probably because of my connection, loads VERY slowly (I get about a minute of footage for every 15 minutes I wait it seems!) Has anyone learned a way, or have tips, on hwo to download, or save this footage? I'd give my right eye for the full "lost episodes" 23 and 41 and to a lesser extent the Paley 1980s lectures on soaps. I've managed to watch half of that episode 23 and it's SPECTACULAR as a long time fan like me--see the first (I think? he was recastg a lot early on) Lincoln, Ruth "Brent" look so young and beautiful, Rosemary Prinz of course, wow. It's funny too the show was so much simpler back then (the fact that these episodes weren't saved in their real colour makes them seem even more so) but, to me anyway, is instantly compelling. You can see why people became hooked.

This ties with the1970 Daytime to Remember B&W episodes (or was it 71?) and the three shown during I Love Lucci marathon really add to a treasure trove of the early days

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

There was a discussion about this while you were on the mend and vacationing. See what happens when you don't log in? :D

The lost episodes I believe were found by her son.

I had problems with the video viewer before as well. They seem to be resolved now. Not sure how. May be just persistence.

Yes, it's a great site. Hope she updates more often.

• Members

I was reading some of those comments the other day when someone posted a link to her audio response to the show's move to L.A. They kinda pissed me off. I mean, here this lady in her eighties, essentially retired save for some "creative consulting" has this lovely idea for a website, probably the coziest, most endearingly hands on website I have ever seen, and she (and we!) have to wade through such inane posts about matters that are clearly out of her hands, or even worse, things that have absolutely nothing to do with her or her art. It's trashy and disrespectful. It would be a different story if people were writing in well-thought letters expressing their concern for her legacy instead of crap about getting Roger Howarth back on OLTL. Whatever happened to class?

• Members

Jonathan I think I saw a blog post by you--I'll have to doa search for the old thread--shoulda done that already.

So no real tips for the video player? or any sneaky ways to save them? Anyway I will persevere cuz seeing that stuff is like the holy Grail to me. Wow--this combined with the two 1970-71 eps from the Lucci marathon (one which had Amy visiting Phil in New York hospital) and the one from the 70s in Daytime to Remember we actually hve a fair bit of the early Phil/Amy/Ruth (and Erica) story it seems.

I do wish she had a way of making those scrapbook articles all big enough to read...

SFK --DEAD on. That's exactly my point. It was especially disheartening to see one blog post (long) from a Zendall fan group--and that person who claims Cady McC *has* to return (and sent a lengthy reply even after Agnes answered her)--it's frankly just rude. As you say, she did ask for story input but really there's a fine line and I think most fans should know it. I hope it doesn't scare Dear Aggie away :(

*edit*( ugh forthe first of the lost eps I can get parts a and b to load no prob but it always stops before part c_d :(

• Members

I meant 23 but both have the prob. I have a super fast connection but I have been using, since my accident, a wireless laptop and maybe that's the prob? It's good with most things but some video things have connection probs (which is why I was hoping there was just a way of downloading it :P )

• 2 months later...
  • Members

LOL story of my life ;) Where do you click for full screen? Is it under settings in the player? In the past there was an icon, which is no longer there that I can see

Anyway having watched both lost episodes again, and finally seeing the full Paley interview with Agnes (wow) and clicked through the four past anniversary episode (which I have on tape and know pretty well--though it's telling how after the 25th the 30th and 35th are nowhere as good) it really is an awesome resourse.

What's so particularly telling about the early "lost\" episodes is how much they convey and do in 30 mins (22 or so actually). Ep 22 is so instantly compelling IMHO, even with low budget sets, Ted Brent's not great acting, etc. Instantly anyone new to the show would be excited with the story, it has a wonderful creepy and campy dream sequence (something AMC still always had when I became a fan in the 90s and I wish they'd do more of again lol), a great assortment of characters, we have a lot of action for such a short amount of time yet the scenes never feel rushed--and even have some great Phoebe snobism.

Archived