Guiding Light discussion thread

• Replies 13.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Very possible!! I would still be clueless if Bev's son, Scott, hadn't kinda softly spoken up & said he thought he could clear up some of our (AW fans) confusion about his mom, etc. 

Happy to oblige & always, without fail, enjoy posting with you & reading your posts when I am not involved in discussions, too. 

• Members

Just because someone says something in a book or interview doesn’t make it true or a fact. How many times have people been proven wrong about something in a book or an interview they gave. The Locher Room series alone has had so many erroneous statements that have been discussed here many times. Especially relating to GL.  So many believe everything they hear or read and run here and repeat it as fact. It’s in a book on page 227 so it has to be true! lol So many corrections to make. 

• Members

Now that bugged the [!@#$%^&*] out of me - and I wasn't even alive when he still was on the show!

IIRC, there was a scene on GL where Roger had a bonding moment with Fletcher and Holly's newborn daughter, Meg, who was born with Down Syndrome.  In that scene, Roger promised always to look out for Meg, because he knew what it was like to be "different" from others.  To me, that scene, along with the scene that @Mitch64 described upthread, really captured the essence of Roger Thorpe.  He might have done some very dastardly deeds in life, and hurt a lot of people along the way, but you knew he'd always look out for the (metaphorical) underdog, too.

• Members

And, one other thing about Roger, ... Maureen Bauer was his friend. 

As you are well aware, correcting errors online is one of my things. In this instance I was able to correct the error that PGP wouldn't allow Goutman to invite Beverlee back for the show finale. I'm sure you have a fine appreciation for that fact.

• Members

Why are you people so quick to dismiss the things that Donna is contributing with here? That's just information she is sharing, she is not forcing you to believe any of this, just sharing info. If I was you, I would just say thank you to a person that has done nothing wrong. It's clear that this is a personal attack towards a person that is one of the most essential ones with information and quality analysis in this forum. I personally believe what she is saying, because she has the receipts to prove most of the statements. So yeah... what is the problem IF Beverly wanted to come back and couldn't. You people act like Donna is saying something so wrong or so offensive. In the words of Chris Crocker from his infamous Britney video - Leave Donna Alone.

• Members

I'll believe  an invitation was extended to Beverlee, but I don't think she would have accepted.

From everything I've read, she didn't seem the sentimental type and wouldn't be bothered returning to a show she left 19 years before that was being cancelled. And the fact that only Rachel was still around from her era wouldn't be much of an inducement.