GH: (I miss) Guza's sweeps stunts

• Members

I do. love0012.gif

I have a question, though. Do you have a problem with / dislike his stunts because:

1. It's a stunt.

2. It doesn't have (enough / significant) follow-up.

3. They aren't as good as people say / They're poorly written.

4. None of the above, I have a completely different problem (must say what kind).

Now, if possible, disregard how destructive the whole Guza tenure was and all that. It's just sweep stunts talk.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I managed to watch the 06 Virus storyline.I enjoyed that one because:

1) They killed off 2 characters that i loathed for so long ...Courtney & Tony

2) Robert & Anna came back...and didn`t die.

The Metro Court Hostage wasn`t bad but yeah killing Alan will be something that Fons will have to face for the rest of his old despressing life

B&W Ball was good...but again they killed a quartermaine

The Adventure Storyline through July - November 2008 was very good

And The HOSPITAl CRISIS...WAS COMPLETE CRAP.

End of.

• Members

I miss the days of Guza's stunts when there were a plethora of characters WE CARED ABOUT in danger. The Metro Court crisis was brilliant but the fallout was HORRENDOUS and the show also set in motion a disturbing and depressing pattern of killing a major character with each stunt. Alan should never have died. Why not kill one of the peripheral characters and show the horror of the other hostages? The Metro Court crisis was definitely the last stunt that worked. The Black/White Ball was a disaster and killed yet another Quartermaine. The Text Message Killer resolution had plot holes you could drive a truck through. The bioterror story earlier this year seemed extremely tired and felt like the writers weren't enjoying themselves.

Maybe in September, the carnival will restore some suspense and excitement to the show's stunt tradition.

• Members

I think they've become toned down or nonexistent in recent times because they simply don't have the budget for them anymore.

Barring that the aftermath after sweeps was always poorly handled, they were fun and worked for at least one month of guilty soap pleasure. The stakes were always high, the acting was always great, and the the directing was always top notch.

• Members

I just watch them for the B movie factor. They tend to be all story so even at their weakest the story carries it along. The lack of aftermath makes the aftermath bad, not the actual event itself. For the two or three weeks they go on it is like watching some cheesy 1970s disaster movie. We don't have Charlton Heston or Paul Newman starring, but we have explosions and peril.

Archived