AMC: Friday, 8/21/09

• Members

Love how Angie is standing up to Madison!!! haha - 'No sweatheart, we do this now. You tell me what game you're playing so it can stop now!'

Love the Erica/Krystal stuff except that scorpion looks fake as hell...actually looks like a piece of dogshit. haha

I really hope that we don't have a custody battle coming up between Frankie/Randi and Amanda/Jake. Denise will ruin it to hell.

Nurse Gayle! That was a surprise to see her back. And The Comeback set has come back! haha

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Natalia is a wonderful character and the actress is talented. Pratt needs to pull his head out of his butt and give her a love interest and story. Instead of JR and Scott fawning over bland talentless Marissa, they should be fighting over Natalia.

Susan looks so young and beautiful in jeans and a tee shirt.

• Members

My main reaction to this episode was UGGHHH!

I've loved Angie Hubbard since I was in high school at the same time she was. Through all her ups and downs, I rooted for her to come out on top, but today I found myself really disliking her. Not just her attitude toward Madison, but her justification for her husband and daughter-in-law covering up a murder.

Tad's jokes weren't funny at all. WTF was the point of that? I have to admit there was a weather advisory rolling at the bottom of the screen about a powerful thunderstorm that never materialized so I was distracted, but I don't get why he was trying to push Liza on David.

Erica telling off the bear 25-30 years ago was campy fun, telling off the scorpion today was a bad imitation. At least we did get some good scenes of Susan with the African kids. However, my goodwill toward this story dissipated with Erica hugging Krystal at the end!

Denise Vasi once again ruined what could have been a powerful scene with Frankie & Natalia.

I know it's probably Greenlee, but I so hope the mystery person is either Leo or Dixie instead! Greens outstayed her welcome already.

• Members

This was absolutely a horrible episode. It was a horrible week -- too much Rebecca Taylor. The "funny" stuff was not funny at all. The "dramatic" stuff (especially Randi's crap which was ten times worse with a bad actress saying bad lines) was way too fake... and as you said, the scorpion scene in this particular episode was a heavy handed and flat out bad imitation! Erica never should've even mentioned telling off the Grizzly bear, because immediately we were taken right back to the original and were very ready to compare. The last thing that script needed to do was be so heavy handed with telling the audience "Hey, remember that famous Grizzly bear scene? We're about to do it again, but this time, with a Scorpion! Hee hee! You'll love it!!" only to leave us flat and unamused.

And about that damn scorpion... All of that drama and blubbering and bickering, and all Krystal had to do was brush it off and smash it? :rolleyes:

As for why Tad's trying to push Liza on David -- you have to remember his brilliant plan (since all of his other brilliant plans have been successful thus far). He's hoping Liza will get David so hot and horny he'll confess that he's got Trevor. You know... the old Samson and Delilah routine that Pratt seems to overuse. Kinda like how Erica was supposed to get close to Adam so he'll reveal his covert operations in trying to take over Fusion.

Archived