Scott Hamner Says Y&R Is NOT Doing A Gay Story

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Adam's not gay goddammit. It was somewhat pathetic for people to expect so much of this s/l when the actual gay character is a plot point who, if he just never showed up in Genoa City again without an explanation, wouldn't be missed.

P3 is a waste of space.

This is gonna be odd coming from me but...

free-love-smileys-872.gif

• Members

Trying to hang onto a GLIMMER of hope here:

"At this point, we are not doing a gay story, and we never actually were doing a gay story," says co-head writer Scott Hamner.

I know this is the quote. But in what context was that quote. If the Adam/Rafe SL is what was being discussed at the time, is it possible that quote is ONLY referring to Adam/Rafe? I want to be SURE that this is not one sentence taken out of context and misconstrued.

• Members

What murky waters?

Those murky waters weren't filled with gay boys, flamboyant or otherwise.

They were filled with a sociopath who burned a fetus, poked his eyes to become blind, dressed as a dead woman in a wig and a bloody dress, and, oh, and in a swift move, made TGVN look like a [!@#$%^&*] retard.

Those gay boys weren't polluting the water, TIIC were.

[!@#$%^&*]... INGRATES!

This is exactly like George Bush. Someone needs to step up and tell the audience: I'm sorry for disrespecting you over the past few months with this meandering, pointless, "shocking" drivel. We will work harder to improve Y&R for 2010 and if you don't like us, we will step down and let someone run the show so that we don't, effectively and completely, run it into the ground.

• Members

The interesting thing about life is that no matter how much someone lies, eventually the truth comes out about them. MAB is a proven liar. And it's bullshit at this point for Vee or anyone at this point to attack Engen. These are the fact -- We have absolute proof that MAB is a liar. We have no proof that Engen is a liar. To the contrary, ED & EB confirmed that Engen had long been unhappy and that he quit because of the extremely evil nature of Adam (even though they disagreed with CE's choice). For people to continue to call CE a homophobe when there is no solid evidence is very unfair. MAB is clearly a liar and beyotch for sullying someone's reputation like that. Let's remember that MAB also tried to cheat Nia Peeples out of her contract. MAB has shown herself to be a person who lies and cheats and defames. I have no idea if Engen is a good or bad person, but there is no evidence that he is a liar or a homophobe. The bad guy here is MAB, aided and abetted by her flying monkey writers and that dolt Branco.

MAB pimped out TB, MM and YG to the gay media. The show promised a gay story. She promised a gay story. I admit that I didn't expect much for P3 and Rafe. I figured they would have a back-burned romance with only a few scenes a month. That MAB isn't even willing to throw the fans crumbs after exploiting the gay media like that is disgusting. She's not just a bad writer, she honestly seems like a bad person. SHAME ON MAB!!!

• Members

Is it just me or is this just like how Y&R started to do a gay story back in the '70s and backpedaled? Is daytime THAT conservative now? The answer is no, since nearly every other frigging show is doing or has done a gay story.

Archived