Scott Hamner Says Y&R Is NOT Doing A Gay Story

• Members

Scott Hamner told SOW that Y&R has no intention of telling a gay story and that making Rafe gay and having Adam seduce him was "never actually a gay story." They won't be exploring anything with gay characters for the foreseeable future.

So, one must wonder, why the hell did they make Rafe gay anyway? Also, they seemed to have dropped everything regarding Phillip III, and since Hamner says Y&R is not going to be doing a gay storyline, what was the point of all this nonsense anyway? What was the point to making both Rafe and Phillip III gay if this was not going to be explored?

Once again, it seems like this hack writing regime in charge of running Y&R made Rafe and Phillip III gay to create some "shock" and "awe" storytelling that had no substance whatsoever. They hyped this like hell to the gay press and made the gay fans watching this believe that they were going to be "represented."

Also, didn't the Queen Hack herself, Maria Arena Bell, say that they were in fact going to to a real gay storyline for the fans who wanted it? How quickly things change, right? :rolleyes:

That's the exact quote in the article...

Thanks to Kenny at DR for making this info known...

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Thank You Kenny.

And than you Scott Hamner for confirming what we knew was going to happen all along.

Hate to say it, but "I told you so."

Gotta wonder why Slammer is saying this instead of Maria Hell. Maybe because she wants Slammer and Heffer to be fall guys when the rest of her summer and fall bomb?

Yep. How's that McDouble everyone?

So, MarkH, what about that redemption arc? Alphanguy, what about that comeuppance in the form of a kiss?

C'mon, come out of hiding. I wanna hear your thoughts on this!

I guess "The Rafe Torres Story" will be put on hold indefinitely.

• Members

So, I wonder who's the bigger homophobe? Engen, for refusing to kiss a man, or Maria Bell, for using and exploiting the gay audience into tuning into her hack written show?

She's pathetic. I can't believe this woman even worked in the political scene. Can you imagine what a nightmare this woman would be if she were in charge of the state of California? In charge of this country? The gay issue aside, all of the wasteful spending, the lack of direction and focus, her horrible treatment of minority issues, not to mention her misogyny and lack of understanding issues and stories from a female point of a view.

She should just turn in her ID Badge and just spend the rest of her days shopping at The Grove.

• Members

I can't beleive this was the same hack writing regime people wanted to give more time to. These people LIE all the time and they never learn from ANY of their mistakes.

I'm interested in what alphanguy has to say, since he really wanted a gay story and had faith in this hack writing team to deliver one.

Maria Arena Bell = Lies, nothing but lies...

• Members

Maria Arena Bell, Hogan Sheffer, and Scott Hamner need to be fired already.

If they make promises that they know they can't keep, then keep quiet! It's not like they've shown any talent in recent months, Y&R is a complete mess at the moment, and its these same liars that are running it into the ground.

Remember when Maria said this summer was going to feature characters that haven't been seen a while? Remember when she said Y&R was going to get back to basics? Remember when she said more character-driven and emotional storylines were going to be told?

Y&R's writing team truly = Empty Promises, Poor Storytelling.

Archived