Y&R: Potpourri Thread

• Members

Thank you so much for that video!

Jamie Lyn Bauer is a goddess and Lori Brooks should be a part of Y&R through all these years.

I wish I could see more of seventies-Y&R. I have only seen the first episode and one from 1975 with Bill Foster in the hospital.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Oh, ChrisB, THANK YOU for this one too!

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Seeing that, I really miss Lorie.

And wasn't it nice to see EB when he was still enthusiastic and engaged about his material and role (rather than just doing schtick)?

I really missed hearing that flute piece...which used to be so prevalent. What was it called? Whose theme was it?

• Members

Thank you for these great clips. I'm fascinated by how Julia managed to remain close to Victor after all that went down. EB was very magnetic then, wasn't he. The other time I remember him being this magnetic was the early relationship with Hope, one of my favorite stories on Y&R.

• Members

EXACTLY! Braeden had energy and enthusiasm.

Julia left, of course, after Michael Scott was freed and she lost her unborn child. There was a bit of peace at the parting, because Victor had lost something too (the baby), and he freely let Julia go.

When Julia returned a few years later (as the owner of Parisian design house, as I recall), it was to launch "Julia Jabot" for John and Jack. During this period, Julia and Victor were friends, and he was supportive of her. No real romance at all...when Julia later decided to be a single mom and got impregnated by Eric Garrison (former lover of Ashley and Dina), Victor was QUITE disapproving...since he felt a child should have TWO parents.

Remember, Victor married Julia as a favor to her father, an associate, after her father died. Julia was only 16 (!) at the time of the marriage. Thus, there was always a paternal thing going on. You may recall, when Julia was introduced, she was seldom ALLOWED off the ranch, ostensibly to protect (control) her. You may also recall that Julia's actual introductory scene was when she was in sh!t with Victor ;). She had gone shopping, left the keys in the car, and some young joyriders took it. Brock was the legal aid lawyer of the kids, and he had to deal with a towering Victor (and a cowering Julia), as Victor said "I want them prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law".

Julia first began a sensitive romance with Brock, until he suddenly left town. I think Brock would have been the man in the dungeon had Beau Kazer not left. When he did, suddenly Michael Scott (Jabot photog., who shot Julia in her early job as a Jabot model...her first bit of freedom) became candidate #2. Once the affair began with Julia (I remember a RARE location shoot, with the Beatles' Julia playing), Victor promptly ordered his dungeon constructed for that miserable excuse of a man.

This show always liked the psycho-darkness.

• Members

I wish this stuff was available. I have heard so much about it. I also wish I could see the earlier stories with the 4 Ls, to see if all that is true about how often they supposedly burst into song.

I hope they bring Brock back again soon, I think he could help define Mackenzie as a character. They have never been on the show together for an extended period of time.

• Members

GREAT point about Brock. Mac needed more ties with EVERYONE she knows (JT, Raul, Kevin, Colleen, Billy, Kay, Brock, Jill). Maybe that can still happen.

I wasted part of this afternoon watching my "youtube classic Y&R" (thanks to ChrisB's new uploads). I wish we could get them again! From 1973 to the present (Y&R). Lance and Leslie sang all the time. (Well, Leslie tickled the ivories a lot too). I don't recall Lorie ever singing, but even Lucas once sang (scratchily) in a bedroom duet with Leslie. Leslie and Lucas had married to give young Brooks the Prentiss name. They finally decided to give their marriage a real shot, so they decided to have sex. A three minute wordless scene, with shirtless Lucas staring across the room at timid, gowned Leslie played, as the voiceover duet of Leslie and Lucas backgrounded the scene.

Campy as hell. But classically great.

• Members

I know what you mean. While Kazer was brought back when AshBashMac was revealed as his daughter, I never felt they really played the father-daughter dynamic to its fullest. And one day, Brock was again out of town.

They always drop the ball on this. Paul-Heather is the latest great example. And bringing in Michael's daddy was pointless too.

• Members

He was introduced as a six-week character. I don't know what the intent was. It was mainly to give Brock a legal aid case.

Of course, Bill Bell was immediately taken with the man, and used a hard sell to convince Braeden to stay. The rest is history.

• Members

I don't care how invovled The Bell's are, is anyone going to tell me that B&B and Y&R in their current incarnation are an example of any greatness from this family? They lost whatever sense they had when Bill died time to move on. His son's, their wives, and their pet dogs obviously don't know what makes a great soap. I don't want another LML, but I sure as hell don't want to be stuck with MAB forever.

We're talking about the same family that LET LML run rampant at this show. How quickly we forget it was Bill Bell, JR (Maria's hubby) that made LML BOTH HW and EP. These people are idiots. They aren't competent.

• Members

While I think there is grounds for disagreement on MAB, I'm right with you, comrades-in-arms on B&B. What a lost show.

As Corday shows, talent in this business is not necessarily genetic.

I guess Irna Phillips' daughter's show also didn't last long.

Arguably, Claire Labine's kids never had independent success.

The Dobsons, arguably, are the only offspring who may have met or exceeded the Hursley's success...woudln't you say?

Archived