Y&R: Episodes Discussion for the week June 22

• Replies 871
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

No offense, but I don't watch soaps for one good story at a time (and I don't even think the MJ story is that great, but the actress kicks ass). I need at least two or three stories to be decent for me to call the soap I watch a success. One story doesn't negate the awfulness of the other stories that surround it for me, maybe it's the same for you. I also don't think it reflects well on the head-writing team if they can only tell one decent story at a time, but that's another thread, I guess.

• Members

But I don't see it that way, I see it as yet another attempt to prolong a quad that's been literally eaten this show alive for almost FOUR years already. The MJ aspect or not, but this quad has done some serious damage to every character involved. I'm sick of it and wish these characters did other things in other story orbits. This flip-flopping between beds is making me ill.

• Members

Nothing would make me happier than to find out when this is all over and Adam's exposed that he buried the baby, made a grave. Off-camera. So Ashley can have her good-bye.

ETA: Bad choice of words. A lot of things would make me happier. LOL! I'm just saying if my choices are A ) Ashley carrying a dead baby, or B ) Adam burnt the baby, I choose C ) He buried it off-camera with a marker so Ashley/Victor have a final resting place for her.

• Members

Hence she wants Billy to change.

And Billy & Chloe clearly don't have mutual feelings for each other.

But it is.

Ever since she found out Billy was Delia's dad she has been all about changing him.

No she doesn't.

Chloe likes Billy.

Chloe even loves Billy at times.

But she can't deal with a Billy who won't be who SHE wants him to be.

Billy was Billy with Mackenzie & Lily.

He screwed things up with them too.

That's on Chloe.

Not Billy.

• Members

All the options would give me good reason to bash it though. :)

I can see my response now if C happens - "What the hell is this? We never saw Adam holding a dead fetus or carrying it outside to bury it! When Ashley fell down the stairs, he was right there cleaning up blood and what looked like fluid from her dead baby! He also never made any mention of this privately and it was never suggested. It's this kind of storytelling that makes soaps so bad!"

See what you've made me do now? ;):lol:

• Members

LMAO!!!!!! You're awesome.

Dude, you've gotta pick your battles. The Quad eating the show? Fine. The Winters are stranded in nowheresville? Agreed. Everything's just rushing to whatever Friday plot point they have planned? I'm with ya!

Whether or not they retconned Estella's employment, or whether we needed to see Adam bury the fetus, if he even did bury the fetus? Come on now... I can handle a little retconning now and then for these little things. Maybe I'm just jaded, but little stuff like that, I don't hold against head writers. There are much bigger problems to worry about.

• Administrator

That's possible...but we still don't know for sure. All we saw was Adamn threw those bloody towels in the fireplace. Or did the burning of the fetus happen after Adamn changed Ashley and put her back in bed?

Archived