The Middle: Discussion Thread

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

That's cause the parents have surrendered to being poor and don't have a care in the world (stress ages one).. while the three kids (especially Sue) are still stressing about life hence why they're aging faster then the parents

• Members

My favorite Sue moment, hands down, is when she did a belly flop on the swing and it broke!! That was vintage Sue right there. 😂

Well, she could succeed in other avenues besides romance with her good buddy Brad (and we all know why he'll never be a romantic consideration for her). I always liked their friendship. Their routine to Fame during an Orson High pep rally was a classic scene.

• Members

I loved the finale until the end. I was glad we got to see the future but seeing Axel now back in town was fine but with three children and another on the way and him looking exactly the same when left for his new job.....LOL.....lawd.....

https://news.avclub.com/abc-is-developing-a-the-middle-spin-off-based-around-go-1826436553 

xkzlcdmz7b1sdavtufpf.jpg 

Suddenly facing a real dearth of middle-class sitcoms that aren’t raging, gaping garbage fires on its schedule, ABC has announced that it might do the safe, sane thing, and go back for more of The Middle. (Remember The Middle? It was funny, and smart, and nobody blamed sleeping pills for their racist tweets.) Specifically, THR reports that the network is developing a spin-off based around Eden Sher’s character, Sue Sue Heck, the doggedly good-hearted middle child of the show’s hard-working central family. The long-running ABC sitcom ended with the often-forgotten Sue working her way through college, complete with a flash-forward showing her getting married to her long-time on-and-off-again boyfriend Sean. That still leaves plenty of present-day material to cover, though, and word is that the network is currently mulling over a pilot order for a Sue-based show. There’s no other word yet on what format the series would use, or even if it’ll feature any other Middle stars, presumably because last week, ABC didn’t have to worry about shoring up any open holes in its Tuesday night comedy schedule, and now, suddenly, it does, so this all might be just a teensy bit rushed.

• 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Archived