Another World

• Members

Michael was in Bay City consistently from early 1986 until he left for Hawaii in 1992; the retcon of his romance with Iris was introduced when she arrived in late 1988. So it was supposed to be before 1986 but I don't know whether there was ever any clear timeline. It makes sense that it would have been post-Texas for Iris and probably post-Nick's as yet unthought of conception for Michael. Iris was out of the picture by the time Nick arrived I believe.

• Replies 11.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

The ghost story was definitely something created for the strike. There was a story in SOD at the time and someone (a producer?) talked about not knowing the forward story for Cass/Kathleen so they wrote something that would keep them onscreen w/o creating any long term complications that might interfere with the writing after the strike.

• Members
Posted (edited)

I agree with you.  I had forgotten much of that happened during the strike.  So it probably originated in Lemay's storyline projections.  Also, even the name "Evan Bates" must have been created by a writer who wanted to use the show's history, and a writer who already knew Evan was Janice's son -- because the spelling of Bates is close to Battess, which was a man (Howard Battess) Janice had an affair with off camera pre-1978.  Too bad the scab writers misunderstood Frame family history, and moved the Frame farm to Bay City.  I wonder what Lemay thought about that when he saw it playing out during the strike.  What a blunder!!  I'm surprised Victoria Wyndham didn't take a red pen and fix those scripts, since she most certainly would have realized they were not consistent with the show's history.  

Edited by Mona Kane Croft

• Members

Pamela Toll is playing Liz here in THE DOCTORS. She would go on to play Pammy Davis on both AW & on SOMERSET, Rachel's other half-sister. They shared Gerald Davis as a father. In this episode she just caught my eye. And, she is an excellent crier. I found this episode near Christmas to be loaded with pathos. 

• Members

Recently I found a bunch of DVDs of AW, ATWT & GL, all from 1989. I processed the AW episodes first & I came out with 20 consecutive days! From July 28, 1989 through Aug. 24, 1989! I sent my list to Eddie Drueding & was able to fill 6 episodes that he had missing.

Oh, BTW, YouTube canceled my account, yes, they did it again! This time they said I violated their rules on spam & scams & deceptive practices! Crazy. Ridiculous. Of course, I appealed. Denied. So, I have moved on. Never again! 

Fortunately I had learned from another fan of ATWT & GL that there is a really good competitor to YouTube. He had moved 2000 videos from YouTube to Rumble.com Supposedly they do not play the games that YouTube does & they do not accept any challenge from any poster if they do not have standing to make that challenge. 

We shall see. Wish me luck! I now have uploaded 11 AW compilation videos, the ones we made as a fundraiser for the Central Park bench. And, I have also uploaded those 20 consecutive days, July/Aug. 1989.  And more. Almost all of my stunt reveal clips 

I have learned something that may be of use to some of you. If you get an episode which is out of synch audio to video, you can watch it in the VLC player & it will correctly synch it but you cannot use it to save a corrected version. It is only a player. To correct it, using your video edit software, requires more work. 

• Members
Posted (edited)

My understanding at the time was that Josie and Sharlene returned to Jason Frame's farm, not “The” Frame Farm, because his siblings still lived in the original place, correct?

BTW imaging the tongue twister of having to say Frame Farm five times in one episode.

Please register in order to view this content

Edited by j swift

• Members

@Contessa Donatella Sorry to hear about your channel. Youtube seems to use these methods to junk what doesn't make them enough profit, while 5000000000 "Disney went woke and got broke" videos remain.

I think someone (maybe it was you, I don't know) said the show later fixed this mistake and established that the Frames did not grow up on that farm.

• Members
Posted (edited)

Actually that is incorrect.  Early after Sharlene and Josie arrived at the farm, there were scenes between Sharlene and Jason; and Rachel and Jason, in which they describe the farm as being Emma's old farm and the place the siblings had grown up.  Also Jamie had some interest in buying the property because it had been the place his father (Steve) grew up.  So it was a huge mistake in continuity.  Later writers tried to clean up the mess a bit, by having Emma still alive on the farm in Oklahoma.  But It was never completely corrected or undone.  How can you write yourself out of a mistake that was so clearly stated in the scripts multiple times?  It would have been difficult, for sure.

Edited by Mona Kane Croft

• Members

I believe you, as you have always been a valuable source of being historic accuracy.  But, back when Willis, Vince, and the other Frames were in Bay City, didn't one of them buy a farm?  Or maybe I'm just remembering the kitchen being decorated in a farmhouse style.

• Members

Thank you for the compliment.  I try to be accurate, but at times my memory does come up with faulty information.  I'm disappointed in myself when that happens.  But some of this stuff took place 50-years ago.  LOL.

I don't think any of the Frames bought a farm back then.  But when Russ and Sharlene were married, they bought a house.  And I believe the kitchen may have been shown a few times.  But it wasn't a farm.  Also, Alice and Steve lived in a house in the country, but it was a new house not an old one.  It did have some acreage, because Jamie and Dennis played in the stream.  But Steve and Alice's place was never described as a farm -- just a house in the country.  And I don't believe we ever saw Steve and Alice's kitchen.  

• Members

Thanks very much. I'm just glad that YT now has some valid competition. And, also glad that I knew an ATWT/GL video uploader who moved, he says, 2000 clips off of YouTube & onto Rumble. 

I have a vivid recollection of this & of what it was held out that it was, historically. 

• Members

I don't remember that, but it is very possible.  I think Willis worked in construction the entire time he was in Bay City.  First for for Steve at Frame Enterprises.  Then Ray Gordon fired him, so Mac started a construction division of Cory Publishing (which I always thought was strange), and hired Willis to run it.  Then around 1978, Janice came back to town and she and Willis  started a company called Frame Construction.  So yes, he always had some blueprints in hand.  

• Members

#NATAS #theemmysorg #DaytimeEmmys #BeverleeMcKinsey

Today I have received an email reply from the President & CEO of NATAS. That is the Daytime Emmys organization. Adam Sharp apologized for not replying sooner & cited their busy season. As we know the Daytime Emmy presentation was just the other day. He acknowledged that Beverlee McKinsey's contributions to our industry were indeed vast.

As it turns out NATAS has a policy against awarding Posthumous Emmys.

He ended by saying

Thank you nonetheless for your efforts to shine a light on Beverlee's career & for your celebration of the soap community more broadly.