Another World

• Members

Actually, IMO, Carlson was the only improvement. Stenovitch, who looked just like Carlson, seemed to just try to imitate Amy's version of the character and didn't do it very well. I thought Carlson was quite terrific in the role. In fact, she was nominated for a Daytime Emmy for her last year on the show. I enjoyed the Gary/Josie romance but only with the original portrayers in the parts.

Either way, IMO, Wilson was AWFUL, Carlson was VERY GOOD, and Stenovitch was adequate.

ETA: Oh, and while I thought the quad with Cameron & Amanda WAS rather pointless, I really liked the Cameron character. He was so masculine and brooding, kinda like the new Mitch Blake. He was something that was missing on AW at the time and I really enjoyed him, his portrayer, and his romance with Amanda.

Edited by juniorz1

• Replies 11.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Lemay returned in fall of 1988 but butted heads with Swajeski. His entire theme was returning to the families. That is why Iris was reintroduced in Oct 88. It was less than a year for the shows anniversary special and I think Michael Liabson (exec producer) bought him back into the show since he was already bringing back the Frames.. Sharlene, her daughter Josie and the intro of Jason Frame and Janice Frames son Evan. Dont think the Evan thing was on Swajeskis agenda and she got the story from Harding Lemay. He did not last long due to conflicts with her but he is solely responsible for the original characters being re-introduced to the show. They say he was difficult but I really wish he stayed. I thought I heard too he came back as a consultant during the 90's. At that point, it was useless focusing on the Frame, Cory and Matthews family

• Members

It drove me crazy they never mentioned Vince Frame. Emma Ordway Frame was mentioned hear and there. Finally, after watching some youtube stuff, Sharlene said to Evan (pointing at a picture) and there is your uncle VInny

• Members

I think Lemay consulted at ATWT and AW during the mid-90's. I remember him complaining about ATWT having 3 mega-millionaires with 3 private jets (Cal, Damian, Lucinda). I saw his point, but then, he really helped popularize that in P&G soaps (ATWT and GL had had "mogul" characters, but they were always outsiders, like Stanley Norris or that guy Jerry Lacy played on ATWT; Mac Cory was the first mega millionaire mogul who became the heart of a P&G soap).

What did you think of Vince? I've seen little of him. Just mostly supporting stuff, and his girlfriend, the waitress, when John Randolph died and Marianne was at the diner.

I'm not sure how Lemay would have worked out in the late 80's AW long term but his 1988 material was damn good.

Edited by CarlD2

• Members

I hope I'm doing this right. I'm usually just a reader.

A user on YouTube has started posting the Reginald Love, Marissa LaSalle/Mary McKinnon storyline from 1986. I love re-watching Denise Alexander act up a storm, but I'm amazed at how full of holes the plot was.

<iframe width="425" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/dOh8RiadrwU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>