OLTL: Disscussion for the week April 20

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

IIRC, Jason was there for Robin Strasser's return, and for her breast cancer storyline, too. In fact, I think he was the one who discovered the lump in her breast during sex, but I might be wrong.

Should OLTL bring back Jason? Sure! Any excuse to bring back Wanda Wolek would be fine w/ me. :-)

• Members

Robin's Dorian did work with Jason when she first came back to the show. They had decent chemistry if I remember correctly, but Malone and Griffith didn't know how to write for Robin' Dorian at first. Their version of her came across as weak and needy so the story didn't work for me. It wasn't until a year or so in to her return that they hit their stride with Dorian by telling the "Lord of the Banner" story which led to Dorian standing trial and being convicted for Victor's murder, David coming to town and producing fake evidence to get her out and then posing as the lost Lord heir which was Todd. Dorian then seduced Joey to get back at Vicki but ended up falling for Joe. When Vicki found out the truth ES and RB shared what I consider their best work together in Vicki's DID story. I would rather see a Joe/Dorian redo than a Dorian /Jason redo. With her relationship with Clint and their shared animosity under her belt and her history with Vicki, that would be a much more entertaining story IMO. Imagine if they were to marry. Vicki would be Dorian’s mother-in-law. How funny would that be?

• Members

I've always wanted them to try Joey/Dorian again, but none of the actors who have played Joey since NF have been able to have the maturity needed to be with Dorian.

I can imagine Frons would also freak out at an older woman/younger man pairing, unless it's some "Cougar" nightmare with a heavily Botoxed 35 year old having her way with a 19 year old who looks 30.

• Members

Talia's dead and nobody seemed to be too torn up about it. I FF'ed all the GiReStaSchuy crap.

Of special note: WHOA at Charlie getting all passive aggressive with Viki! Didn't see that coming at all. I am glad they worked out the issue but Viki seemed kind of turned off after he got uptight with her. I've never seen that side of Charlie before! It was upsetting, LOL.

• Members

And you're likely to see it again, I think. Because, either Charlie's hitting the sauce again, or they're looking to do a emotional/verbal abuse PSA w/ Viki, w/ a big, splashy whodunit for November sweeps.

• Members

DearGodinHeaven,

Please do not let Rachel fall in love with her client Cole.

Thank you, amen.

Love, SFK

Did anyone think it was a little strange the way Dorian said, "What would make anyone want to kill that very attractive police officer"?? Was that like a Valentine to BAB? And the issue of Talia's looks aside, since when do pretty people not get murdered?

• Members

Yes, that's exactly what happened, he felt the lump when they were in bed and Dr.(!) Dorian was in major denial and refused to see a physician at first. I agree with oltl's assessment of Robin's return, it wasn't super strong at first and she really hit her stride with the Lord of The Banner/murder trial/David and Irene's diary/DID stuff. I think RS kinda resented that she'd suggested Dorian getting involved with a younger guy a la Cher and boytoy on the back of a Harley during the end of her first run only to see them go ahead with such a s/l with EP. RS really got the tail end of the Jason fling.

Archived