2009: The Directors and Writers Thread

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

For DAYS, the cynic in me says its Richard Culliton gone. However, Tomlin & Whitesell edged out Jodie Scholz, so that just leaves Cydney Kelly as the sole Hogan Sheffer survivor on the soap. So it may be her meaning all traces of Sheffer are gone. It would also mean no more female SWs on the soap, which strikes me as odd.

If I could pick one SW to get rid of, I'd go for John Newman and his B**tch, Sl*t, wh**e tourette's syndrome induced scripts.

For the in writer, I'm guessing either an SuBe or OLTL alum like Michelle Poteet Lisanti (sp.). Maybe we could luck out and get Lorraine Broderick but given her history with the show, I doubt it...

• Members

Here are my guesses:

DAYS Writer OUT: Cydney Kelley

DAYS Writer IN: Michelle Poteet Lisanti

OLTL Writer OUT: Michelle Poteet Lisanti

OLTL Writer IN: Karen Lewis

Y&R Writer OUT: Tom Casiello (You know the rule, folks: "Last hired, first fired.")

• Members

Aw thanks. I think that Newman is just lazy and opts for profanity rather than intelligent dialogue that *might* appear well thought out. The weird part is that his mommy (Fran Myers) edits his scripts, so she seems to be ok with that. Or maybe she just washes his mouth out with soap afterwards lol.

I kind of got the impression that Beall laboured for a long time to make her scripts sound "cool" and natural (leading them to be the exact opposite - her scripts seemed false or laboured. Yes, laboured is the right word.)

• Members

Y&R: Mike Cohen out? I doubt they'd let any of the writers go that were there for a longer time. Since it's not Zimmerman or Casiello, it's got to be Cohen, or Lisa Connor.

Of course she is. She's writing 3-4 episodes a month on average.

• Members

It's also good she's back at DAYS, I think. Not that DAYS ever had brilliant scripts back then, but I did enjoy her (and Mike Cohen's) work.

• Administrator

Correct! So this leaves Cydney Kelly has the only Sheffer holdover.

Correct!

She's gonna be writing breakdowns. I thought for sure when she would eventually join DAYS it would be for scripts since DAYS only has 4 SWs. But of course they have the workhorse, Richard Culliton, who can just crank out scripts - 7 in March and 8 in April. So I guess they don't need a 5th SW. LOL

• Members

Well, that leaves the "OLTL Writer In". And so far, all we know is that she has been writing since "at least the '80's," per Toups.

Man, I wish it were Nancy Curlee; but it's probably someone like (N.) Gail Lawrence.

Archived