Top Posters In This Topic

• Vee

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Khan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Same. I read that and wondered how 'accidental' such a move would be. 

If they are all about power, who is to say its not a power play?

I was minding my own business and reading like anyone else. I respond how I choose.

How about you keep your anger on the issues ON THE ISSUES. Or you can put me on ignore. That way I can get back to reading this interesting information same as you...especially since I have not been in here in a minute.

NOW back to the PT. 

• Members

The main difference with Biden and Hillary is that Hillary had 25 years of pent up hatred from the media, the establishment, and much of the public. They can make Biden seem incompetent, or out of touch, but they can't make people (outside of the far left) hate him. He's Uncle Joe. 

I'm more concerned over just how in over his head he seems, and yes, all the issues with his son (his son seems to have many, many issues) are concerning as well. It's one of the reasons I'm leaning toward Warren, but I feel like Warren is on a high right now and she's going to be torn to pieces by Trump, the media, and Bernie supporters.

As for the article - it feels like the media making themselves the story and backpatting as per usual. If they do help bring more rats to light with their editorial, I'm glad, but as of now we're mostly in the same place we've always been - the Senate will support Trump, so will the media, and the public doesn't support impeachment. I feel like Pelosi was boxed in and is just trying to navigate as best she can to make sure turnout doesn't sink in 2020. We're already getting the articles about how a lot of Democrats are unhappy about impeachment, so I guess we'll see how far this ends up going. 

It's still amazing to me he blew a golden opportunity to actually be a well-liked public figure because he just couldn't resist being such a complete partisan hack (and a moron to boot). Either he's just that stupid, he gets paid too well to ever not be such a hack, or he knows the media will love him no matter what. 

What is all this about? Was this during the climate meetings at the UN?

I've been so caught up with Trump, and with the truly disgusting Boris Johnson, that I hadn't heard about this instance. 

• Members

To paraphrase the immortal words of ABC Daytime, miss an hour, miss a lot! The whistleblower complaint is out AND Acting DNI Maguire is now testifying live:

From what I can see, Maguire has a low-grade version of the same myopia as Comey: A fixation on appearing even-handed and fair to 'both sides', but always defaulting to Republican loyalty first despite his better instincts. I don't think he's a bad man, and he's got courage coming out here today. But he knew it was wrong to give Barr the complaint first when Barr is implicated.

Also: The media may always handicap Democrats, but outside of Fox it is definitely not supporting Trump right now. The only 'voters hate impeachment' articles, meanwhile, come from known conservative hacks.

Stop being spooked by false narratives.

Edited by Vee

• Members

Presidential historians agree that had he not pardoned Richard Nixon, Gerald Ford would have had a second term as Commander-in-Chief.  Like you said, @Vee, it won't come to Trump being removed from office; but, if it does, then Pence would be wise NOT to follow Ford's lead.