Y&R: Casting/Storyline Spoilers

• Members

None of that sounds real. I would like to hope the show isn't stupid enough to recast Dru. I look at how deadly dull the Barber-Winters are and I'd hate to see their new spin on Dru. At least with Rowell in the role (like if Heather Tom returned as Victoria) the writers would be forced to write for such a huge presence. With a new actor is just wouldn't have the same spark and she'd get marginalized eventually. But something needs to be done fast. Put Tyra with the young people (JT? Kevin? Billy?), put Devon in a real romance (Colleen?) and give Olivia a major storyline worthy of Tonya Lee Williams talents.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

That's true 90% of the time in my opinion.

I mean who can play Dru with such sass? Who can bring the true essence of Dru other than VR? I mean VR playing Dru is like watching a dolphin in water. It's basically natural to them. And it just fits. The way she can go from one extreme to another is just amazing.

I'm sorry but I think the character would cease to be Dru if another person played the part.

It's like someone trying to recast Victor Newman or Jack Abbott. It just wouldn't work.

• Members

Peter is not the FIRST Jack Abbott and for me it took a couple of years for him to take Terry Lester's role and make it his own...Peter does not have Terry's suave essence .....

I think Y & R has continued fine without the trouble that evidently VR brought to the set...they can explain the change in DRU on her being gone and out of touch with reality (which the character had been for years).....

Archived