OLTL: If Roger Howarth was in the Tarty sex scene, would it be more disturbing?

• Members

The thing about it is how Malone/Gottlieb made that rape so ingrained in our mind. It was the most graphic, brutal rape ever shown on daytime. She was totally gang raped. The scenes were Todd spun Marty in a chair, tormented her, taunted her, and put a sweatband in her mouth as he raped her. Then he was smiling and laughing as his frat bros did it. I mean way way different the Luke/Laura when the lights went down. That rape scene was so graphically disturbing. It was scary, frightening, and horrifyingly bad. I kept thinking though if Roger Howarth had been in those sex scenes with Susan Haskell, how much more disturbing would it be or is it the same because it is the same character? Roger/Susan in a sex scene then trying to contrast that to when Todd raped Marty and the scary look on her face.

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Yes. And for those "Rape ME Todd" sickos, downright enthralling.

I, for one, will never be able to shake the image of weasely Roger Howarth Todd. Some women get off on that and have praying for a "love making" scene between RHTodd and SHMarty. I think Trevor being the more sophisticated version of Todd in terms of look and carriage definitely softened the ick/appalling factor of this s/l.

• Members

I was disturbed period. I think TSJ has been a wonderful recast in making me believe he is Todd- the actor association doesn't mean much to me. AS silly as this sounds- for the past few years I've written off RH's version of Todd and accepted this form.

Archived