ATWT week of 10/13

• Members

No thread yet?

Tuesday's eppisode was good. At least the CarJack stuff. Well, let me clarify. I loved the first half hour. I was happy as can be thinking I was finally getting my payoff with Jack and Carly. They were AMAZING! Funny and full of passion. This is why I watch ATWT!

Then Janet had to just drop by unannounced. ;) Why the hell did Carly answer the door? Really? I waited years for this and she decideds to answer the door instead of ignoring it and waiting for Janet to go away. Well that resulted in me hating yesterday's show.

I wonder how long I'll have to wait for the next amazing Carly and Jack scene.

My broken CarJack heart is barely beating now. :(

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Sigh...join the club. I know, I should be used to being completely jerked around by TIIC---ever since Carjack met, it's the same old story "let's screw with the fans' heads until they scream for mercy."

I thought they had squeezed every. drop. of. blood. from them already last year, with the insipid Kack/Carly lies about her misdiagnosis combo. I thought they were going beyond torture by hooking Carly up with dull-as-day-old-horse dung Holden. But here's the next sacrificial lamb Janet, cozying up to Carly and chasing down a non-committal Jack like a champion bloodhound.

I just wish TIIC would realize that pushing the envelope and sending it through the shredder are two completely different concepts. At some point, all the waffling between, around, and through speed bumps just makes you want to vomit.

• Members

Frankly, I wish the interviewer had hit her with more questions about the overall state of the show, which extends way beyond the Nuke question. But then I wonder why, since all she would have done is dodged those questions as well.

I'm sick of Nuke, period. I'm sick of hearing about Nuke. There's more to worry about on the show than whether or not Nuke get laid.

• Members

I thought there were a few standout scenes this week. If you get beyond all of Paul's tiresome huffing and puffing, and Dusty dominating all the airtime, you can find a few gems in there. The final scenes on Tuesday's show were great, with little dialogue needed to show how Jack, Carly and Janet really feel. And the goodbye scenes with the Hughes family were pitch-perfect, with wonderful acting by all involved.

• Members

LOL...I knew you would love today, Kelly. :lol:

And no, other than protecting her from her loon of a husband (sorry, Kelly!) Dusty doesn't have much interest in Meg. He's hittin' Emily (god knows why...) and looking for his son, Johnny.

• Members

I've often wondered why they don't just let Paul be the bad-ass around town. They try and make him "gray" and frankly it just comes off wussy.

Sigh...Carjack was great. If only they could always be written like today. Smart. Intelligent. Snarky (when it comes to Carly.) Even flippin' sourpuss Parker was less of his perpetually bratty self (apparently time away from Liberty is good for that kid.) Writing like today actually seems to have a purpose, which is in stark contrast to a lot of other days that seem to be plot-points searching for a place to land.

• Members

The Carjack stuff yesterday was great! I wish those two would just give in to their feelings already. It was really nice to see Parker be nice and civilized for once. That had more impact imo. I almost feel sorry for Janet but she did know what she was getting herself into. Anyone that's in the same room with Carly and Jack can see it. ;) While the ending was powerful, I'm still not happy with it. They've been apart way too long and I don't like the emotional rollercoaster I'm on in just one eppisode. I want more hope.

I couldn't care less about someone trying to poison Katie. Other than they didn't succceed! :P

Archived