AMC: Thursday, August 28, 2008

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Really enjoyed it but, unlike yesterday when it didn't bother me, the pacing did throw me off a bit today. I think ti was because some scenes were paced more "normally" and then other scenes would have characters jumping from locations--if that makes sense. I do hope we still get some dramatic scenes that last all episode long and not eveyrthing is in bite size chunks but, so far, mostly I love the new pacing too (and it's great, as was mentioned, to have characters pop up midway thru--it's alwasy kinda annoying that usually on soaps nowadays you can tell by the opening preview scene who's going to be on for the WHOLE hour).

AMC can be so hit and miss about casting characters sometimes I wonder if it's the same woman casting everyone--but Petey is a GREAT addition--I just hope James Mitchell's well enough to have ONE good scene with him (and where's he and Opal? When we saw her briefly on the other day with Erica I was sure it was becuase they were going to have a Petey/Opal scene too)

And Detroit aren't you meant to find Petey kinda annoying?

• Members

Exactly agreed. Also someone else said it allowed much more story to be told in an episode--this has me SLIGHTLY worried as people have said Pratt's work on primetime soaps Melrose etc ran through story at LIGHTNING speed sometimes sacrificing character and ultimately running out of story too soon (I know I've rseen that on Melrose)--I hope he knows to pace a bit diff for daytime--and I suspect he does.

Archived